Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The NCAA as a whole is down
Hondo Wrote:Well we're all going to find out this year. You'll see BSU against an SEC team for all the marbles in January. The SEC is far and above the strongest conference. 4 National Championships in a row. It's damn difficult for a good SEC team to make it through conference play undefeated. You could take your argument and apply it to just about anyone. The Pac10 is all hype. Put any of those teams in the SEC and they'd have a record like Vanderbilt.

I don't know if that is true Hondo. True that Boise is likely going to be ranked 1 or 2 in the coaches poll (the only one that really counts to BCS) however the fact that they are in a shit conference will drag their Strength of Schedule down so much that they will have a tough time being ahead of no loss or one loss SEC (Bama, FL, LSU, South Carolina, or Auburn for now), an undefeated PAC 10 (Oregon), or an undefeated Big 10 school (tOSU). Heck, they might have a tough time being ahead of a no loss Big 12 school.

My point in this wasn't to defend Boise. I've already said that I don't think they could make it through a power conference. The only thing I can say though is that Boise wins. It is all they do.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Week 7 NCAA season Pokes28 5 3,380 10-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice