Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Sandy Story
This is from a Ford tech that works in Manhattan. The guy is a freaking genius when it comes to electrical systems. Anyway, I thought it was interesting enough to post I guess. Someone asked if they were open yet in manhattan.

"Thanks.
I didn't come to work Monday to Wednesday.
Yes we got hit hard, not this dealership, but this area.
As you probably have seen on TV, southern half of Manhattan is dead.
I live on South Beach, Staten Island, about 1/4 mile up the hill between the beach and Verrazano Narrows Bridge. My elevation is about 150 feet, so the surge didn't make it to my house, but it destroyed many houses and businesses close to the water. My friend owns a house about 500 feet from the boardwalk- he and his family stayed at our house- their house got flooded with about 5 1/2 feet on the first floor.
Many owners/residents in the evacuation zone chose to stay, because when they evacuated last year during hurricane Irene, their unoccupied homes were broken into and looted.
This time around right after the hurricane there were packs of _______( fill in the blanks ) walking around , breaking into houses, stealing what was left of people's posessions. They were even walking and driving around on my street trying to get into houses.
Couldn't even call police- power was out, no cell phone service...
Next day national guard troops were brought in, followed by increased police presence.
This is like Katrina.
Now people are fighting to get fuel.
Is this a civilized USA or is it some tribal area of Afganistan or Iraq ? Because looking outside if power goes out, I'm not sure.
But anyway, to answer your question, the dealershio is fine.
Thanks for asking and sorry for the long rant.
Sending my prayers to all thise affected by this monster storm, especially in NJ and NY."

Messages In This Thread