Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jury Duty
Chip Wrote:Jury Duty - watch. Good movie.
:high5:
I got summoned about a year ago.. they sent it to my parents address though. I didn't get it until the date had already passed. I never did anything about it, and never heard anything either. I am sure I will get shit for it at some point.
DaveP Wrote:I got summoned about a year ago.. they sent it to my parents address though. I didn't get it until the date had already passed. I never did anything about it, and never heard anything either. I am sure I will get shit for it at some point.

Yeah, I don't think you can get into heaven now. Or run for president.
LeNeve Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:I got summoned about a year ago.. they sent it to my parents address though. I didn't get it until the date had already passed. I never did anything about it, and never heard anything either. I am sure I will get shit for it at some point.

The heaven thing I am ok with.. but I really didn't want to ruin my chance at becoming president.
I have never been called for jury duty.

At Duquesne I interned with the Allegheny County Sheriff's department, so I got to sit in on a few selections.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
eddieyourdj Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:
the keifer Wrote:My handbook at work states that they won't pay for the time off unless I burn sick or vacation time. Confusedwoot:
Dude that doesn't sound legal! Are you sure about that???
Nevermind, I just called my wife and asked her. She is an H.R. Director and she said absolutely no! That is why most people try and get out of jury duty...my bad!!!
Thonks, ya got my hopes up for a second there Eddie. :j/k:
IMO the courts should match your wage if they really want ya that bad. Government employees still get their full wage though.
If I have to go, at least I can go in there knowing that I'm not the one who's in trouble.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
It's like being called to the principal's office, only to find out you didn't do anything wrong, they just want you to rat out your friends.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:It's like being called to the principal's office, only to find out you didn't do anything wrong, they just want you to rat out your friends.
I was in that situation back when I was 19. When I was busted for underage transporting of alcohol, my friend who yelled out the window was busted for underage drinking. Well, he tried to fight his way out of it, and I got subpoenaed to court to testify against him. Since his dumb ass yelled out the window and got me in trouble, well let's just say that he lost his case and we haven't talked since.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
ap bikini team Wrote:Just be racist.

Lynch Black People
Toss out all the Mexicans
White people are good.
Camel Jockies need to go.

You'll never make it to a jury box lol
It's weird how this is up on here now.
I just saw a good friend of mine, who i usually chill with like 3x a month, but i haven't seen him in like 8 weeks. Saw him tonight.
He just got called for jury duty and doesn't want to go because of the money thing. So he's asking how to get out of it.

Another kid i know had to go, Years ago. He didn't want to do it either. Said at one point they asked him " Is there any reason you think that you should not be picked for this jury?"
And he said, to get out of it. " To be honest with you, yes. I'm prejudiced against blacks and homosexuals". Needless to say they let him go after that.

I told my friend to just say something like that.
ap bikini team Wrote:Just be racist.
White people are good.
You'll never make it to a jury box lol

I'm just gonna bust your balls because i'm :beer:

But how is that a racist statement paul? :givemehead:
When being questioned by the lawyers, just ask " Will I get to turn on the switch"? Uh......next???
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
If they ask political views just say "I really admired what Hitler was trying to do, too bad it didn't work out"
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
"Can I dip the towel in water(wink wink) before I put his helmet on"???
LeNeve Wrote:

Not to get all religious, but i think i says: let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Or: judge not lest ye be judged.

I agree. I'm just trying to mind my own buisness and lay low. Don't bring me into your bullshit
negadave Wrote:Not to get all religious, but i think i says: let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Or: judge not lest ye be judged.

WOW, I just got slightly turned on in a weird, platonic, non-gay way!!!

:j/k: :clap: :happy: :rock: :praying: