Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WedNUSday 01/05 - Toast to the new year
Derick Wrote:just talked to my boss, i have to meet with HR people tomorrow. This might be my exit interview
did you give your notice? Where are you going?
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Derick Wrote:just found this.

Illinois State Law requires that non-union employees be paid all earned Paid Time Off (PTO) subsequent to the employee’s termination. It is Medical Center policy to regard accrued PTO and vacation hours as earned, subject to the provisions of this section.

You Illinois people are lucky...
Donginator Wrote:
Derick Wrote:just talked to my boss, i have to meet with HR people tomorrow. This might be my exit interview
this has been discussed multiple times. The funding for my position was cut, therefor there is no position anymore. Friday is my last day here. I will be working full time at fedex starting on monday
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness

I have never had an exit interview... It just completely pointless. Why are you leaving us? Because you fucked me out of my job. Peace bitches!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Derick Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:
this has been discussed multiple times. The funding for my position was cut, therefor there is no position anymore. Friday is my last day here. I will be working full time at fedex starting on monday
oops sorry thought that was someone else on the board, I never saw the update if you took the Fedex position, so your position was officially terminated?
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
LeNeve Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:Leanne Rhimes got a boob job....just saying.

I thought she was dead.
Just her career. :poke:
So I'm watching Friday night Lights season 5, so far so good :high5:
Donginator Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:
oops sorry thought that was someone else on the board, I never saw the update if you took the Fedex position, so your position was officially terminated?
my position was based on grant funding, we didnt recieve the funding, so they can no longer afford to pay me after friday.

Illinois State Law requires that non-union employees be paid all earned Paid Time Off (PTO) subsequent to the employee’s termination. It is Medical Center policy to regard accrued PTO and vacation hours as earned, subject to the provisions of this section.

Too bad I am in MICHIGAN! :poke:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

Too bad I am in MICHIGAN! :poke:
Under Michigan law, an employee is entitled to payment for any earned vacation upon termination, unless the employee has specifically agreed to a different policy, in writing.

Michigan does not require employers to give paid vacations, but when they are given, the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth assumes that employees will be paid for earned vacation upon termination. This is true, regardless of whether the employee resigns or is fired.

State law does permit a Michigan employer to set a policy, in writing, that employees will not be paid for earned vacation time upon termination. The employee must agree to the policy in writing. This agreement cannot be coerced – that is, the employee must freely agree in advance, and not sign the policy because they fear retaliation.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

I have never had an exit interview... It just completely pointless. Why are you leaving us? Because you fucked me out of my job. Peace bitches!

I went to one. It was when I worked at Walmart. They asked me why I was leaving, what I thought of the company. Any suggestions to help my position better? :blahblah: I was out in 15 minutes.
Derick Wrote:my position was based on grant funding, we didnt recieve the funding, so they can no longer afford to pay me after friday.
shit, so good timing on the fedex deal, are you gonna use the Sirius app to listen to the show? will you be able to listen to sirius somehow in the truck?
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Brampton Wrote:So I'm watching Friday night Lights season 5, so far so good :high5:

That is such a GREAT show....love it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Donginator Wrote:
Derick Wrote:my position was based on grant funding, we didnt recieve the funding, so they can no longer afford to pay me after friday.
shit, so good timing on the fedex deal, are you gonna use the Sirius app to listen to the show? will you be able to listen to sirius somehow in the truck?
for the remainder of jan I wont be starting after the show is over, so I will be able to listen. Not that I do much anymore. Starting feb, I have no idea what my hours will be, but I'll be on the board via my phone as much as I can, and probably have sirius app going
there is no way 1 mt dew is gonna get me through the day

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friday, 07/22/2016: 6 year anniversary of the greatest day in radio history? Chip 17 1,725 07-22-2016, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, June 8, 2015 ~ 37 Year Drought Beckster 31 399 06-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday 1/5/2015 - New Year Joe 57 1,403 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
  Happy New Year Derick 4 339 01-03-2015, 01:16 AM
  Thursday, May 1, 2014 The 121st Day of This Year Beckster 91 1,439 05-05-2014, 09:44 AM
  New Years Eve 2012.....Go suck it new year Brampton 30 1,140 12-31-2012, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Donginator
  Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon LeNeve 250 1,798 01-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Monday, Jan 2, 2012 ~ Hello New Year Beckster 59 675 01-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Last Post: Chip
  Friday, Dec 30 ~ Last IST of the Year Beckster 116 1,018 12-30-2011, 05:34 PM
  7-6-11 - A year of being preggers rage free! NussieT 166 2,782 07-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Last Post: NussieT