Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bar Scene
I like bars, but if I go to a bar, I damn well better be able to hear the people I am with. I want to talk and socialize with the people I am hanging out with, not just sit there bobbing my head. Having food is a plus also and a good beer selection.

Clubs are OK once a month. The wife and her friends like to dance and there are usually some guys there I know, so we just hang and talk as best we can. Usually when planning on going to a club, you hang at someone's house first and get all drunk up and don't even think about going to the club before 11PM, or closer to midnight. If you are not drunk, or don't like dancing, clubs suck.

Lounges are cool also, they are upscale from bars but not as noisy and annoying as Clubs.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I drink too much to pay bar prices. I usually only go to a bar if I go out of town... and it is usually a sports bar. I hate that loud shit too.
DaveP Wrote:I drink too much to pay bar prices.

this is the problem I run into. 3 bucks a beer = at the least 36 bucks. If I don't drink before I go I can drop 60 bucks from 8-2 pretty easy. Then if I'm in a good mood I have a habit of buying rounds or shots for people.
Bunch of borderline alchoholics on DBN.
LeNeve Wrote:Bunch of borderline alchoholics on DBN.
Yup........you people should be ashamed
LeNeve Wrote:

this is the problem I run into. 3 bucks a beer = at the least 36 bucks. If I don't drink before I go I can drop 60 bucks from 8-2 pretty easy. Then if I'm in a good mood I have a habit of buying rounds or shots for people.
I hear you. When I used to go out, I would drop at least $50-$70 a night. I don't miss those nights.
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Bunch of borderline alchoholics on DBN.
Yup........you people should be ashamed
We need an AA thread here.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
LeNeve Wrote:

You drink 12 beers when you go out?
Joe In PA Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

Around here, that's an early night.
I used to barhop almost every weekend right after I turned 21 but realized how much I spent a night.
And like almost everyone said, I wanna be able to talk to people without trying to shout over loud music unless I'm there to see a live band.
I don't live within walking distance of any bars here so I'd much rather drink at home and not worry about DUI.
I might go once in a great while now but I won't drink and drive.
Last time I was at a bar was when I saw my cuz in Cali two weeks ago. Before that, couldn't tell ya.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Joe In PA Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

I drink 12 beers on weeknights after work. My liver hurts.
What time do the bars in your areas close?

They close here at 2 am sharp. Last call 1:30.
LeNeve Wrote:What time do the bars in your areas close?

They close here at 2 am sharp. Last call 1:30.
I think 2 or 3 am. It's been about 5 years since I closed a bar, I don't remember.
LeNeve Wrote:

One thing I have learned from Russians. ALWAYS take a flask of your strongest shit with you to the bar or club.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
2AM in PA. Some places are able to stay open later though, one nightclub got itself named a social club and stays open until 3AM. Some after hours places can stay open until either 3AM or 4AM, but they have to have members who pay dues or something.

Of course if you are good friends with the bartender, the night ends when you want it to, or if you are the bartender.