Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA playoff & a lesson in life
I just got tickets for the Grizzlies game on Friday. I've never been to an NBA playoff game before! I'm in nosebleed section, but still I can't wait to soak in the excitement in the air! $100.00 is pretty steep, but how often will you get to experience this, right?
The only other time that I've felt this kind of buzz is when I went to the Final Four in Lexington, Ky back in 1985. Memphis, Villanova, St. Johns, Georgetown played and 'Nova won it all by beating Georgetown.
I really think that as you get older, well I think this way, you tell yourself more & more that life is too short to not enjoy a few things. I've always been one to have a good work ethic, treat people right, save a little and prepare for retirement. When I got married at 30, we waited a few years, had a kid, built a house, and settled into the routine of life. We had roadblocks along the way, as every couples do, but persevered through it all and pressed forward.
I guess my point is this; as you make your way through life, always try and put a few shekels back(if it's $5.00 a week), things take time to build up, and every once in a while, take time for room service. I heard a guy say a long time ago that the very first person that you should pay at the end of the week is yourself. He meant always put something back for a rainy day. So many people get caught up in paying everyone else that they forget themselves.
Wow, I don't know why I poured all of this out just because I got 2 playoff tickets, but maybe someone needed to hear it for either a wakeup call or encouragement. Either way, I went with my gut feeling......peace & love!!!

(why I woke up at 3:30 and wrote this is beyond me)
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
I get cha eddie. :high5:

Sent from my balls
I've paid too much for concert tickets, only to be in the nosebleeds. The singers were tiny specks far away on the stage, but, yeah, being there just makes the whole experience.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I have been to one NBA game, it was a playoff game. I was in Detroit for work and they were playing the Heat the year the Heat won it all. I got 1 ticket for like $40 right on the first row of the upper level at the Palace. Great seat. It was, I think, the only game the Pistons won in the series and it was highlighted by a monster dunk on Shaq by I think Ben Wallace. I hate fun. I even called in live to Evan and Brian and they put me right on the air. They used to do that a lot. Every time I was at a sports game, I would call them and they would put me on the air and ask me about the crowd and the chicks at the game and stuff. I called them from the All Star Home Run Derby when I caught a home run and the All Star game also.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I went to a Grizzlies game in Memphis in 2007. Didn't impress me a bit. I'll take college basketball 100 times out of 100. No way I'd pay for NBA tickets. No way.
Pete Nice Wrote:I have been to one NBA game, it was a playoff game. I was in Detroit for work and they were playing the Heat the year the Heat won it all. I got 1 ticket for like $40 right on the first row of the upper level at the Palace. Great seat. It was, I think, the only game the Pistons won in the series and it was highlighted by a monster dunk on Shaq by I think Ben Wallace. I hate fun. I even called in live to Evan and Brian and they put me right on the air. They used to do that a lot. Every time I was at a sports game, I would call them and they would put me on the air and ask me about the crowd and the chicks at the game and stuff. I called them from the All Star Home Run Derby when I caught a home run and the All Star game also.

How great is the Palace? That place was built in the 80's, they say it changed the way they design arenas.
A friend gets season tickets to the Pistons, as much as I don't like basketball, I'll go when he can't use the other ticket.
It would be great if it was downtown, a whole lot closer to where I live. Most of the big concerts go there.
I've been to 3 raptors games. I don't like basketball, but its pretty good entertainment

Sent from my balls
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I have been to one NBA game, it was a playoff game. I was in Detroit for work and they were playing the Heat the year the Heat won it all. I got 1 ticket for like $40 right on the first row of the upper level at the Palace. Great seat. It was, I think, the only game the Pistons won in the series and it was highlighted by a monster dunk on Shaq by I think Ben Wallace. I hate fun. I even called in live to Evan and Brian and they put me right on the air. They used to do that a lot. Every time I was at a sports game, I would call them and they would put me on the air and ask me about the crowd and the chicks at the game and stuff. I called them from the All Star Home Run Derby when I caught a home run and the All Star game also.

How great is the Palace? That place was built in the 80's, they say it changed the way they design arenas.
A friend gets season tickets to the Pistons, as much as I don't like basketball, I'll go when he can't use the other ticket.
It would be great if it was downtown, a whole lot closer to where I live. Most of the big concerts go there.

I liked it, had a good time and it was a nice palce, while I am a fan of downtown stadiums, there is a ton pof parking at the Palace being in the burbs.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Brampton Wrote:I've been to 3 raptors games. I don't like basketball, but its pretty good entertainment

Sent from my balls
I've been to 2 raptors games, one in Toronto vs the Cavalier when lebron was tautnted by Bosh's girlfriend at the time. the raptors were up big and then LeBron scores 23 pts in the 4th quarter and the raptors lost, but it was a great game. the second one was an exhibition game in Edmonton, the raptors got spanked.
Chip Wrote:

Illitch wants to move the Pistons downtown. If he does, I don't know what will become of the Palace. I like it there for concerts. I like Pine Knob better.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Illitch wants to move the Pistons downtown. If he does, I don't know what will become of the Palace. I like it there for concerts. I like Pine Knob better.

Yeah, but Illitch isn't buying them anymore. That fell through.
Now I think it's some guy from Flint.
“@ShaneBattier: Over?? What?? Nothing is over until we say it's over....was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??? When the going gets tough.......”

This was just tweeted! Am I missing something? Didn't Japan bomb Pearl Harbor???
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
eddieyourdj Wrote:“@ShaneBattier: Over?? What?? Nothing is over until we say it's over....was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??? When the going gets tough.......”

This was just tweeted! Am I missing something? Didn't Japan bomb Pearl Harbor???
Its an animal house reference

And quite funny at that

Sent from my balls
Now its over.

That Mavs/Thunder series should be a good one. Both teams are very similar.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
I have always been a Bulls fan, my second favorite team is Dallas b/c I love Mark Cuban and am a fan of Dirk. A Bulls win over the Mavericks in 7 games on a last minute shot would actually make me watch the NBA, actually, I will watch all the games if those two teams make it.