Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sup
(04-16-2018, 03:44 PM)NussieT Wrote: I take the driving insurance off of it for the winter and put basic storage on it just in case.   I took it for this first time on the road the other day and the first time into the city on Saturday.   
I do still have my lime green Charger, one of my employees tells me I should sell it because I never drive it.  Jim did a burn out with it last year trying to impress someone... long story short those tires cost me $1000 in the fall for all brand new tires.

Ah, probably a good call.  I figured you just suffered through driving it in the winter.  

And yours is a Daytona, isn't it?  I think those come with tires with higher speed ratings than mine.
My car is governed at 128mph, and Daytona Chargers are around 150.  And I think the only real reason for the difference is the tires that come from the factory.  So your tires probably cost a little more than mine.

I can't do burn outs in mine.  As soon as the tires break loose, the AWD turns on.  And it doesn't quite have enough power to spin all 4 wheels.
(04-16-2018, 01:57 PM)Chip Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 05:19 PM)Joe Wrote: I had no idea you could get a Hemi in AWD.    Is it the 392 Hemi?

I was actually thinking the next car would be a Grand Cherokee.   I've always like the style of those.   If only the Trackhawk version was affordable.   (It's bad ass)

If I don't go with that my next choice would be a 4 Runner with the of road package.    They are kind of ugly, but aggressive at the same time.   Keeps it from looking like a soccer mom SUV.

Yeah the Pixel 2 is waterproof.   I'm not sure in trust that though.   That's a ton of money to gamble on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

No, I just have the regular, 5.7 Hemi.  Mine is a '14 Charger, it was the last year you could get AWD with the Hemi.  They only offered it for a few years.
If I had to get something new right now, a Grand Cherokee would be near the top of my list.  I've always loved them.  They're a little more than I'd want to spend though.  At the AutoShow this year they had a Trackhawk, in some red paint that was amazing.  It almost glowed.

I was starting to look at Mustangs when I still had my Sebring.  I was planning on keeping it to daily drive and to drive in the winter.  But then I totalled it, and got a hell of a deal on this.

Jeep had some pretty impressive vehicles at the Auto Show this year.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
(04-16-2018, 03:44 PM)NussieT Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 01:51 PM)Chip Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 01:05 PM)NussieT Wrote: I registered my Charger just yesterday.  I'm super excited, taking it in to the city to get detailed tomorrow.    

I also have the pixel 2, haven't had an issue with it yet but it's only a few months old!!!

Registered it?  Isn't that something you do when you first get it?  Or is that something different in Canada?
You still have that green one?

I take the driving insurance off of it for the winter and put basic storage on it just in case.   I took it for this first time on the road the other day and the first time into the city on Saturday.   
I do still have my lime green Charger, one of my employees tells me I should sell it because I never drive it.  Jim did a burn out with it last year trying to impress someone... long story short those tires cost me $1000 in the fall for all brand new tires.

Let's just state the obvious.. Jim will NEVER drive that vehicle again.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
(04-17-2018, 07:06 AM)Chip Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 03:44 PM)NussieT Wrote: I take the driving insurance off of it for the winter and put basic storage on it just in case.   I took it for this first time on the road the other day and the first time into the city on Saturday.   

Ah, probably a good call.  I figured you just suffered through driving it in the winter.  

And yours is a Daytona, isn't it?  I think those come with tires with higher speed ratings than mine.
My car is governed at 128mph, and Daytona Chargers are around 150.  And I think the only real reason for the difference is the tires that come from the factory.  So your tires probably cost a little more than mine.

I can't do burn outs in mine.  As soon as the tires break loose, the AWD turns on.  And it doesn't quite have enough power to spin all 4 wheels.

Mine is the Daytona.   I had it up to 180 kmh on Saturday night before I got scared and slowed down.   Mine has 20in wheels.  
My car would be bad ass if it was a standard though.
I'm not sure is 180 kmh is fast or how I normally drive....

I might have, only might have, hit the governor on my car twice. 128mph. It was still accelerating pretty good when it got there.
I think I've read without the governor and with the right tires, the base Hemi will get close to 160.

They don't offer manual Chargers because they'd have to redesign the floor. And if they do that, they have to go through all the safety and crash testing again. Apparently they don't think it's worth it.
(04-17-2018, 02:04 PM)Joe Wrote: I'm not sure is 180 kmh is fast or how I normally drive....

OMG 110 mph is normal for you?   That's like deathly. Most definitely not something I want to do again anytime soon,
(04-18-2018, 07:05 AM)Chip Wrote: I might have, only might have, hit the governor on my car twice.  128mph.  It was still accelerating pretty good when it got there.
I think I've read without the governor and with the right tires, the base Hemi will get close to 160.

They don't offer manual Chargers because they'd have to redesign the floor.  And if they do that, they have to go through all the safety and crash testing again.  Apparently they don't think it's worth it.

A manual Charger would be so bad ass.   I have the option to manual shift mine with the automatic but it's not the same.
(04-19-2018, 04:43 PM)NussieT Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 02:04 PM)Joe Wrote: I'm not sure is 180 kmh is fast or how I normally drive....

OMG 110 mph is normal for you?   That's like deathly. Most definitely not something I want to do again anytime soon,
Nah 90 mph is usually where I top off on highways unless I hit areas where no one can hide. I think I've only taken the current mustang to 110 out of fear of lsing my license. It says it's electronically limited to 155 though.

I hit 135 in the last Mustang and hit a tree branch hanging out in the road. It sent the passenger side mirror into the car and on my lap. Scared the shit out of me.

I used to do speed runs on the bike on back roads. 178 was my top speed. At the time there were no YouTube videos of people crashing with GoPros on so I didn't realize how stupid I was back then.

(04-19-2018, 04:55 PM)Joe Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 04:43 PM)NussieT Wrote:

Nah 90 mph is usually where I top off on highways unless I hit areas where no one can hide.   I think I've only taken the current mustang to 110 out of fear of lsing my license.   It says it's electronically limited to 155 though.

I hit 135 in the last Mustang and hit a tree branch hanging out in the road.   It sent the passenger side mirror into the car and on my lap.   Scared the shit out of me.

I used to do speed runs on the bike on back roads.   178 was my top speed. At the time there were no YouTube videos of people crashing with GoPros on so I didn't realize how stupid I was back then.  

Manitoba is crazy about speeding.  The speed limit here is only 62 mph.  20 mph over and they will immediately pull your license for up to 48 hours then you have to go to MPI (the insurance company) and go through some mandatory classes.  Not to mention the speeding fines.  
We also have a distracted driving law.  You can't have anything in your hands while you drive. No cell phones, gps, food, drink etc.  It used to be a $200 fine and you'd drop 5 points in the driver safety rating but now it's an automatic 48 hour driving suspension
I hit 90 probably daily. Driving on I-75 through Detroit is pretty much like Fury Road. 100 to 105 isn't all that rare either. Haha.
128 in this car is my top, and I don't know that I'll do it again.

My car has the paddle shifters, but I've never used them. Once in a while I'll hit one on accident when turning, but that's it.