Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What movies are you watching?
beckster Wrote:
negadave Wrote:Anybody see district 9 or book of eli? I was thinking of checking those out.

I have heard about both. Eli is quite biblical... Denzel's character preaching bible verses then slashing people up with a machete. Sounds pretty good and I know someone who really liked it.

District sounds strange, but I might rent it to check it out. I was told that it doesn't go the way you think it will. Whatever that means.

I heard the Book or Eli was pretty stupid.
I could go into the how it was described to me, but I don't want to ruin it.
I have District 9, and am going to be watching it, but I've heard it's full of political undertones.
Sherlock Holmes was awesome.
Run Bitch, Run was horrible.
i bleed green Wrote:-Book of Eli looks pretty good.
-I was a bit disappointed in The Hangover.Really funny,but my expectations were so high there was no way it would totally live up to them.
-Grandma's Boy,which was brought up on the show a couple days ago is really funny.I would definitely recommend it.One of the best movies ever is going a bit too far though.
-Not a movie,but I recently started DVRing and watching Band of Brothers off of HBO.Absolute masterpiece.That and Generation Kill are some of the best stuff I have watched in a long time.Can't wait to see The Pacific.

I absolutely loved the Hangover and Grandma's Boy, I actually just watched it the other day.

And, is the Band of Brothers new? Or are they just replaying the old one? It did come out like 5 years ago, didn't it? If it's what I think it is, I heard it was awesome too.
Watched The Lovely Bones the other night. That movie was terrible.
Joe In PA Wrote:Watched The Lovely Bones the other night. That movie was terrible.

Was it just terrible in general? Or too kiddie terrible?
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:Watched The Lovely Bones the other night. That movie was terrible.

Was it just terrible in general? Or too kiddie terrible?
It was definitely geared toward a younger audience. I think just in general it was bad. Krissy wanted to see it and she didn't like it either.
Saw Hurt Locker last night. I thought it was pretty good. Kinda reminded me of Jarhead but it had more of a story to it
I'm currently watching Joe Cam, its this great live action movie about shoveling/plowing snow
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women need to realize movies are not reality, and here's why Pete Nice 6 3,000 10-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Last Post: i bleed green
  Movies that get to you Beckster 37 11,022 06-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  Funniest movies of the 00's PJfromLI 11 4,128 06-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Stupid movies you saw as a kid but didn't realize it. cody 31 10,232 04-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Last Post: negadave
  2010 Summer Movies Beckster 41 11,408 04-20-2010, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Beckster