Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toyota
Brian in NY Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:It's a Toyota AND a pickup truck, so you are now a redneck in a death trap.
So driving a pickup makes you a redneck? :finger:

Unless you are in construction, a farmer, or your business requires hauling.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Brian in NY Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:It's a Toyota AND a pickup truck, so you are now a redneck in a death trap.
So driving a pickup makes you a redneck? :finger:

We had this conversation once on the BBM, Pete believes that if you drive a truck as a daily driver then you are a redneck.
Oh well. I drive mine 50% of the time so I guess I'm only 50% redneck.
If I owned a truck at 16yrs old but don't own one now, does that make me a former redneck?
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
My truck is nicer inside and more comfortable than most cars. When I bought it I needed it to go out into the oil patch on well sites. I'm not selling it for anything. In fact my Harley is sitting in the back of it right now. Occasionally it's damn good to be able to haul shit around.
LeNeve Wrote:I used to have a pickup, but I would never drive it, so I gave it to my step dad. Now if I need a pickup I just borrow one from the dealership where I work.

You should claim that you "need" to borrow a sports car and borrow that mustang in your avatar
Ever try to fit lumber, drywall or furniture in a passenger car? I got tired of being the guy that calls around to people I barely know asking if I can borrow their trucks.
Hondo Wrote:My truck is nicer inside and more comfortable than most cars. When I bought it I needed it to go out into the oil patch on well sites. I'm not selling it for anything. In fact my Harley is sitting in the back of it right now. Occasionally it's damn good to be able to haul shit around.
I have yet to sit in a car that was as comfortable as my truck.
Joe In PA Wrote:Ever try to fit lumber, drywall or furniture in a passenger car? I got tired of being the guy that calls around to people I barely know asking if I can borrow their trucks.
I completely agree with this :high5:

I only have a hatchback, but cause there is a shitload of room in the back, I'm always being asked to move shit around for people Wtf
Joe In PA Wrote:Ever try to fit lumber, drywall or furniture in a passenger car? I got tired of being the guy that calls around to people I barely know asking if I can borrow their trucks.

That is why furniture stores deliver. And uhual pickups and vans are only $20 a day if worse comes to worse.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
How are you going to escape a zombie horde? In a car? Fuck that dude. While you're being turned into zombie chum I'll be off-roading out of Dodge.
Hondo Wrote:How are you going to escape a zombie horde? In a car? Fuck that dude. While you're being turned into zombie chum I'll be off-roading out of Dodge.

I know how to hotwire a car. Anyway, the best vehicle to escape zombies is a motorcycle with off road capabilities.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Hondo Wrote:How are you going to escape a zombie horde? In a car? Fuck that dude. While you're being turned into zombie chum I'll be off-roading out of Dodge.

I know how to hotwire a car. Anyway, the best vehicle to escape zombies is a motorcycle with off road capabilities.

I have to disagree... I would prefer the safety of a cab in an awd truck for a zombie invasion. That would plow over their bodies with plenty of ease. You hit a zombie on a bike and you risk wiping out too.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I have to disagree... I would prefer the safety of a cab in an awd truck for a zombie invasion. That would plow over their bodies with plenty of ease. You hit a zombie on a bike and you risk wiping out too.

There has been plenty of research on this, the problem with vehicles is you can get stuck in them, they can get stuck on roads that are clogged with traffic and they don't really travel off road as well. A drit bike style motorcycle will help you AVOID the zombies, no need to run over them.

I guess you could have a pickup with a bike in the bed in case you get stuck in an abandoned traffic jam.

Pete Nice Wrote:

That is why furniture stores deliver. And uhual pickups and vans are only $20 a day if worse comes to worse.

When I'm at Best buy and decide I want to bring home an entertainment center I can.

Most furniture stores laugh at me when I ask them if they'll deliver to my area.
My truck is not the daily driver. 15 mpg gets old fast. I have a Camry that gets 30, my Harley gets 45 for most stuff. It sure is nice though when I find a deal like I did two weeks ago...a Bowflex for $75 and just drove down and picked it up. No muss, no fuss. It was also nice when Nashville was flooded out...i could drive places most people couldn't.

Every real man should have a truck. It's in the guy rules.
Pete Nice Wrote:I know how to hotwire a car. Anyway, the best vehicle to escape zombies is a motorcycle with off road capabilities.

I guess you could have a pickup with a bike in the bed in case you get stuck in an abandoned traffic jam.[/quote]

I haven't hotwired a car since a 1982 Datsun 280ZX back in the late 80's...I bet it's a LOT more complicated now than it was then. Also if you live in an area big enough to have traffic jams you're probably already screwed in a zombie outbreak anyway.