Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dudebro Convention 2011
I appreciate that Mercer was able to make this work this year. I am thinking ahead to next year already.

Here are a few thoughts.

1. Most important, I think it needs to be an entire week. 7 days. Monday to Sunday. This allows for all types of people to attend, ESPECIALLY those who live more than a 5 hour drive away. People can go for the entire week or a few days, and there is weekend events for people with little or no vacation time.

2. An off site/remote broadcast of some sort one day, maybe pool funds and buy a convention room for one day.

3. The dates really need to be set as soon as MLB releases their schedule. This way the guys can free their schedules up WAY in advance and everyone can be in NYC.

4. Events. More events. Any ideas welcome.

Who has more ideas, let's get this started now, and Mercer and I can work on getting everything together as soon as we get back from this years DBC.

Oh yeah, one last thing. A lot less wishy washy from everyone would be great also.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
One more thing. I think it should stay in NYC. That is where the studio and all the characters and places are that we all know and love.

Despite what people out west think, Vegas is NOT a central location AND Vegas means nothing to the show itself.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
While I would love to check out the studio... Vegas would be sweet (more affordable, too).
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:While I would love to check out the studio... Vegas would be sweet (more affordable, too).

Not true at all. Food is Vegas is just as pricey, if not more, than NYC. Hotels also, unless you are a VIP player. Plus all the money you would lose gambling. Flight from the east coast to Vegas are always jacked in price also.

Fuck Vegas, the conventions should be in the show's backyard, not some where 5000 miles away.

Do it from Texas.
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:While I would love to check out the studio... Vegas would be sweet (more affordable, too).

Not true at all. Food is Vegas is just as pricey, if not more, than NYC. Hotels also, unless you are a VIP player. Plus all the money you would lose gambling. Flight from the east coast to Vegas are always jacked in price also.

Fuck Vegas, the conventions should be in the show's backyard, not some where 5000 miles away.

Now, if you stay on the strip directly, it's more pricey, BUT there are decent hotels just off the strip that are decently priced. I know, because my brother-in-law goes out there quite often.

We could also have plan to have it in PA like we ORIGINALLY planned!!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:Do it from Texas.
Confusedheepbagger: <-------That's how they do it in Texas.

Keep it in NYC.
I will NOT miss the next one.
Pete Nice Wrote:

Just an FYI, Jess from TOMB is in Vegas and has already offered to help find discounted hotels if DBC2011 is in Vegas. With that said, I agree it needs to be in NYC. I already know know there is no way it will be in "fly-over" USA so I will have to fly to where ever the destination ends up. NYC is where the studios are... where the magic happens ;-)
JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

Just an FYI, Jess from TOMB is in Vegas and has already offered to help find discounted hotels if DBC2011 is in Vegas. With that said, I agree it needs to be in NYC. I already know know there is no way it will be in "fly-over" USA so I will have to fly to where ever the destination ends up. NYC is where the studios are... where the magic happens ;-)

You have airports?
At lunch today, Mercer said they have decided it will be Vegas already. I said that I thought that was a bad idea, but the majority will prolly speak on this one.

I'm not flying to Vegas. There is nothing there for me to do (I don't gamble). As long as its in NY, I won't miss it next year
After talking with a few more people, it looks like Vegas is not what everyone wants. Poor Mercer, he is trying to please everyone, but that is not possible.

Several other people think that it needs to be in NYC b/c that is where the show is based.

I am not flying to Vegas either. Shit, I won't even drive to NYC for a studio visit :poke: (that poke is aimed at myself).
Brian in NY Wrote:I am not flying to Vegas either. Shit, I won't even drive to NYC for a studio visit :poke: (that poke is aimed at myself).
How far are you from NYC?
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Dudebro call to arms: Matthew McConaughey Jersey_Mike 22 3,883 08-26-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: shruti0727
  Dudebro Convention 2012 information and discussion Pete Nice 17 7,757 04-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Dudebro Convention 2012 dates final vote Pete Nice 7 2,778 02-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Joe
  DudeBro Convention 2012 dates Pete Nice 8 3,913 01-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Last Post: MattInMinnesota
  Dudebro Convention 2012 Location Pete Nice 31 10,185 01-30-2012, 09:00 PM
  The Pussification of 2011 Beckster 25 8,986 12-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Pseudo Dudebro Convention @ Band of Buds? Greg Mercer 21 7,416 08-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Last Post: eddieyourdj
  2011 Dudebro Convention - Mets Game Greg Mercer 5 2,392 06-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  DUDEBRO CONVENTION 2011! (HEADCOUNT) Rich Davis 19 7,267 05-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Last Post: JDubb
  DudeBro Convention part deux 2011 eddieyourdj 4 2,500 11-29-2010, 01:34 PM