Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday 4-6-11 GO UNITED!!!!!!
Pete Nice Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I'd be all fired up, but...
I think I'm still drunk from last night.
So I'll just keep it short.

Hamilton.

Just out of curiosity, you do know why Basille backed out of that deal right?

B/c Lemiuex and his ownership group put in the sale contract that he could not he could not move the team for something like 20 to 25 years, he had to keep it in Pittsburgh and he wanted to move them to Hamilton, so he backed out. Fuck Basille it would be best for hockey if he never gets a team.
God forbid he wants to put a team in a market where there is no threat of folding every five years. (Although I realize Pittsburgh is a strong hockey market.)

That team would be within a two hour drive of 3 other teams. Is there really a need for 4 teams in that small of an area? Winnipeg, Quebec and Saskatoon should all gets teams before Hamilton is ever considered. Hartford also for that matter.

Plus, you just know Basille would fuck the team up, it would be like the Daniel Snyder Redskins.
actually its 2 teams. the Leafs and Sabres.

Now, being someone who lives in the area, there is a need for another team in the area. There are more people in this area who are not fans of either the Leafs or Sabres, and there would be a demand for a team. However, even though Hamilton would be a great place for a team, cause its in the middle of 4 large freeways in Southern Ontario, Kitchener/Waterloo or London would be a great place for a team, which is what Balsille wants in the first place.

Hartford shouldn't have a team, there isn't demand for it. Losing the Whalers was no great deal. Quebec City and Winnipeg are the 2 most obvious candidates for a team other wise.

Now back to the who needs 3 teams in such a small area..........what about the Islanders, Rangers, and the Devils? the Devils and the Rangers were the 2 closest teams the league has ever had. they were a tunnel drive away.

Personally I would like to see the NHL move a team to Quebec city and the Peg, then contract the other struggling franchises
Pete Nice Wrote:That team would be within a two hour drive of 3 other teams. Is there really a need for 4 teams in that small of an area? Winnipeg, Quebec and Saskatoon should all gets teams before Hamilton is ever considered. Hartford also for that matter.
There is no way Saskatoon would be able to support an NHL team.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Just out of curiosity, you do know why Basille backed out of that deal right?

B/c Lemiuex and his ownership group put in the sale contract that he could not he could not move the team for something like 20 to 25 years, he had to keep it in Pittsburgh and he wanted to move them to Hamilton, so he backed out. Fuck Basille it would be best for hockey if he never gets a team.
God forbid he wants to put a team in a market where there is no threat of folding every five years. (Although I realize Pittsburgh is a strong hockey market.)

That team would be within a two hour drive of 3 other teams. Is there really a need for 4 teams in that small of an area? Winnipeg, Quebec and Saskatoon should all gets teams before Hamilton is ever considered. Hartford also for that matter.

Plus, you just know Basille would fuck the team up, it would be like the Daniel Snyder Redskins.

Now, being someone who lives in the area, there is a need for another team in the area. There are more people in this area who are not fans of either the Leafs or Sabres, and there would be a demand for a team. However, even though Hamilton would be a great place for a team, cause its in the middle of 4 large freeways in Southern Ontario, Kitchener/Waterloo or London would be a great place for a team, which is what Balsille wants in the first place.

Hartford shouldn't have a team, there isn't demand for it. Losing the Whalers was no great deal. Quebec City and Winnipeg are the 2 most obvious candidates for a team other wise.

Now back to the who needs 3 teams in such a small area..........what about the Islanders, Rangers, and the Devils? the Devils and the Rangers were the 2 closest teams the league has ever had. they were a tunnel drive away.

Personally I would like to see the NHL move a team to Quebec city and the Peg, then contract the other struggling franchises

New York is the biggest metropolitan area in the world, of course they can support 3 teams. If you combine, south/west CT, north Jersey, Long Island and NYC, you have what, 20 times the population of southern Ontario as a whole?

Isn't Detroit a little over 2 hours away? And Montreal less than 4 hours? and for that matter, Pittsburgh is less than 5 hours away. So there are 5 teams within less than a 5 hour drive in the area, why can't the people who live there be a fan of one of those teams? Hamilton is what? 70 minutes from Toronto and Buffalo? Why are people not fans of those teams? People who live in the middle of Pittsburgh and Philadelphia generally pick one of those two teams to be fans of. I just don't get the need for another team in that area. I stick by Winnipeg, Quebec, Saskatoon and Hartford as the places where teams should relocate. Phoenix, Florida, Nashville, Carolina, there you go.

They will never contract franchises in ANY pro sport, has not happened in the modern era and never will, too much money to be made and lost, if anything, they will add more. Like a fantasy league that has 12 teams instead of 10, a larger number of teams in the league will reward those that make smart decisions.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:actually its 2 teams. the Leafs and Sabres.

New York is the biggest metropolitan area in the world, of course they can support 3 teams. If you combine, south/west CT, north Jersey, Long Island and NYC, you have what, 20 times the population of southern Ontario as a whole?

Isn't Detroit a little over 2 hours away? And Montreal less than 4 hours? and for that matter, Pittsburgh is less than 5 hours away. So there are 5 teams within less than a 5 hour drive in the area, why can't the people who live there be a fan of one of those teams? Hamilton is what? 70 minutes from Toronto and Buffalo? Why are people not fans of those teams? People who live in the middle of Pittsburgh and Philadelphia generally pick one of those two teams to be fans of. I just don't get the need for another team in that area. I stick by Winnipeg, Quebec, Saskatoon and Hartford as the places where teams should relocate. Phoenix, Florida, Nashville, Carolina, there you go.

They will never contract franchises in ANY pro sport, has not happened in the modern era and never will, too much money to be made and lost, if anything, they will add more. Like a fantasy league that has 12 teams instead of 10, a larger number of teams in the league will reward those that make smart decisions.

There is a rule, that to put a team next to another team, you need special permission from that team, or you have to give that team extra money, sometehing like that. And the distance from Cobbs to HSBC is like 10 miles farther.
And Peg and Quebec are at the top of lists for teams. But why would the NHL want to move a team there if theythink they could pull a $300 million expansion fee?
You know expansion is coming. And there is a difference between relocation markets and expansion markets.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:That team would be within a two hour drive of 3 other teams. Is there really a need for 4 teams in that small of an area? Winnipeg, Quebec and Saskatoon should all gets teams before Hamilton is ever considered. Hartford also for that matter.

New york area cant support 3 teams cause the demand isn't there for it. Islanders arena is 1/4 full on a nite to nite basis. The Devils attendance history is horrible, the rangers are an original 6 team and untouchable

Detroit is a 3.5-4 hour drive at least from Hamilton. and thats driving 65mph. Montreal is no less than a 6 hour drive from the GTA. Very few people here like the Pens, .

People arent' fans of those 2 teams cause they are either a canadien fan, hate the leafs ownership, or like other teams.
I for one am a fan of the Sabres cause Gretzky retired, and was traded from the Kings.

this area actually could easily sustain a profit from 2 more NHL teams. its all about supply and demand. Remember the biggest hockey organization in the world is the GTHL, which supplies the nhl with almost 40-50% of its players.

We have the biggest Major junior hockey league, with about 5-6 teams within 45 minutes of the GTA.
Pete Nice Wrote:I would love to get a top line new Mustang, Camaro and Challenger and take turns driving them around town.

:high5: Me too!!!!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Brian Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Brian Wrote:Older co-workers and their computer problems piss me off. I don't work for OIT, leave me alone :flame:

What people need to understand is that if it's broken there's a 90% chance it's because they broke it.
With these people here, it's always operator error.
I see that shit all the time with older people and their alarm sys.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Joe Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Brampton, you ever had to change oil on a VW TOUAREG? I hear it's kind of hard. about an hour of solid work, and you need a helper to take a shield off or something.

Sound like changing the oil in a BMW with the entire underside of the car covered in plastic.
My Tbird is a bitch because the filter is right above the front axle and not much room to get your hand to it.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019 ~ Remember The Wombats Beckster 15 18 08-28-2020, 11:37 PM
Last Post: monika
  Wednesday, October 5, 2016 ~ Clowns Beckster 4 635 10-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Wednesday 09/21/16: Shampooed and blow dried cows Chip 6 1,011 09-21-2016, 02:35 PM
  Wednesday, Sept 14, 2016 ~ Midweek Beckster 2 598 09-14-2016, 09:38 AM
  Wednesday, September 8, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 12 1,504 09-08-2016, 12:18 PM
  Wednesday, August 31, 2016 ~ Twins! Beckster 5 820 08-31-2016, 03:20 PM
  Wednesday, August 24, 2016 ~ Italian Quake Beckster 3 433 08-24-2016, 10:34 AM
  Wednesday, August 16, 2016 - Jersey Joe 16 1,601 08-18-2016, 10:04 AM