Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 03/31/15: Pac-Man
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:So I got canned Friday....

Yep, that happened.

Confusedad: Are you fucking serious??? I thought they liked you?

My boss liked me. His boss saw numbers and thought I was paid too much for that department. They will find out shortly how much I was needed.
Joe Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:

Yep, that happened.
Fuck, did they gave you a reason? Severance package?

(this could be a good thing?)

Sorry I posted that and then took a phone interview and then had to get dressed to run out for 2 in person interviews....

SO they called me and one other guy into two separate offices on Friday and told both of us they were letting us go. I asked why and they said there were no defined reasons why. There was no severance package at all. It was a very cold departure. I am guessing since the other guy was pretty high paid that they let the two highest paid guys go. I was also pretty outspoken in my displeasure with the way things were run so I have no doubt that was the main reason. I went out that night with one of the guys that they didn't get rid of and he said they went through one hell of a lockdown process after I left. I guess they thought i was going to try to take everything down... They forgot a few passwords.... :wink: That's not my thing though. I wasn't even upset walking out.

I sent out a ton of resumes out this week and have been flooded with calls and interviews yesterday and today. The phone literally doesn't stop from like 10 to 3. I've done 4 interviews in person in the last 2 days and about 4 phone interviews and a ton of calls with recruiters. I couldn't have asked for a better 2 days.

Ha ha :roflmao:

So, you're just having a mini vacation for a bit :grin:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:

Yep, that happened.
Fuck, did they gave you a reason? Severance package?

(this could be a good thing?)

Sorry I posted that and then took a phone interview and then had to get dressed to run out for 2 in person interviews....

SO they called me and one other guy into two separate offices on Friday and told both of us they were letting us go. I asked why and they said there were no defined reasons why. There was no severance package at all. It was a very cold departure. I am guessing since the other guy was pretty high paid that they let the two highest paid guys go. I was also pretty outspoken in my displeasure with the way things were run so I have no doubt that was the main reason. I went out that night with one of the guys that they didn't get rid of and he said they went through one hell of a lockdown process after I left. I guess they thought i was going to try to take everything down... They forgot a few passwords.... :wink: That's not my thing though. I wasn't even upset walking out.

I sent out a ton of resumes out this week and have been flooded with calls and interviews yesterday and today. The phone literally doesn't stop from like 10 to 3. I've done 4 interviews in person in the last 2 days and about 4 phone interviews and a ton of calls with recruiters. I couldn't have asked for a better 2 days.

Ha ha :roflmao:

So, you're just having a mini vacation for a bit :grin:

Yeah. It will be less stressful once someone actually makes an offer.
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

Yep, that happened.

Confusedad: Are you fucking serious??? I thought they liked you?

My boss liked me. His boss saw numbers and thought I was paid too much for that department. They will find out shortly how much I was needed.

Wonder how quick someone fucks something up and they try to call you back.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Wonder how quick someone fucks something up and they try to call you back.

The decision to let two of us go was made by someone who doesn't know me and doesn't know the impact I had on the department and the clients. I did reach out to my clients to tell them it was a pleasure working with them and I got back a lot of good responses. I did find out from others that clients have been meeting with my old employer and have been pissed. Everyone there knows bringing me back would be a huge mistake. You don't get burned this bad and forget about it.
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Wonder how quick someone fucks something up and they try to call you back.

The decision to let two of us go was made by someone who doesn't know me and doesn't know the impact I had on the department and the clients. I did reach out to my clients to tell them it was a pleasure working with them and I got back a lot of good responses. I did find out from others that clients have been meeting with my old employer and have been pissed. Everyone there knows bringing me back would be a huge mistake. You don't get burned this bad and forget about it.

oh no.. Never go back. Fuuuck them
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Tuesday, July 2nd 2019 Joe 34 7 12-01-2020, 03:01 AM
Last Post: smithmachinist725
  Only Tuesday, September 13, 2016 Beckster 3 426 06-27-2020, 08:14 AM
Last Post: monika
  Tuesday, Nov 8, 2016 ~ Election Day Beckster 12 1,974 11-21-2016, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Tuesday, September 6, 2016 - Back Beckster 1 540 09-06-2016, 02:27 PM
  Tuesday, August 30, 2016 ~ Clowns are scary Beckster 12 1,072 08-30-2016, 02:46 PM
  Tuesday, August 23, 2016 ~ Bat Chronicles Beckster 6 734 08-24-2016, 08:43 AM
  Tuesday, August 9, 2016 ~ Yo Beckster 8 1,091 08-10-2016, 09:51 AM
  Tuesday 08/02/16: Winter is coming Chip 24 2,481 08-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Tuesday 7/26/16 - What? LeNeve 7 748 07-27-2016, 10:03 AM
  Tuesday, 7/19/2016 ~ Late Beckster 1 469 07-20-2016, 08:56 AM
Last Post: LeNeve