Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian Healthcare
This American healthcare bill makes me so angry I can't see straight.

This isn't about providing good healthcare to the citzens of the US. This is nothing more than a power grab. And in typical US Leadership fashion, they aren't trying to fix the problems, they are trying to fix the symptoms.

Drugs are expensive. So what are they trying to do? Shorten the window drug companies have to reclaim their R&D dollars before generics can hit the shelves. The real problem is how much money it costs to get a drug through the FDA. For a normal drug it costs over $500 million and not uncommonly over a Billion dollars to get a drug through FDA. That doesn't include all the private trial costs. So for a company like Pfizer that constantly has a lot of drugs being developed, they will now raise the prices of drugs because they have to ensure they make their money back.

The real solution is to find out why the FDA process is so expensive. It doesn't yield safer results than the processes that other nations but costs over a thousand times more money in some cases. Why? Because the FDA is a worhtless piece of crap. How about fixing the FDA and lowering the costs for drug makers to put a drug on the shelf?

Adding millions to insurance is the fastest way to make sure that we can't go see our doctor when we want/need to. This isn't going to add doctors, this is going to actually make there be a medical professional shortage. I know that my family practitioner has started removing medicare patients from his practice. He informs them that after such and such time he won't accept them. The reason is that Medicare pays slow and doesn't pay much. So he's just eliminating them from his practice. He's full enough that he can pick and choose his patients and he's doing so. His actions have kept the price of a doctor's visit down compared to the other doctors in town. But of course he's the dick for turning people away.

There are a thousand things that can and should be done before a national health care system. How about making it legal for hospitals to turn away illegals or those that have stiffed them on payments before? One local hospital estimated that they would be able to lower their costs by nearly 75% if they could do that.

One other thing that would lower costs for not only health care but pretty much everything is if they would vote in a national language. In California they have a law that states that all health providers have to provide all paperwork in the person's native language. That has driven up the cost of health care in California by tens of millions of dollars a year.

It is just ridiculous.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri

Messages In This Thread