Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The NCAA as a whole is down
The point is that with that kind of bias, that only BCS teams could ever win a MNC.

All Boise does is win. Every bowl game, every home game. They beat Oregon last year and VA Tech and Oregon State this year. They belong to a crap conference. They want to get in the Pac 10, but the reality is that they are in Idaho. There aren't enough TV sets to matter for a TV deal. So Boise does what Boise does and that is win against anybody they can get to schedule a game against them.

TCU is another. They'd love to join the Big 12. But the Big 12 doesn't need them. The conference already has the entire state of Texas (TV wise) so adding another private school isn't going to do anything for the conference. But all TCU does is win (except last year in the bowl game).

Last year the BCS was very smart in putting Boise versus TCU in the bowl game. That way they didn't come out 2-0 and garner more respect for those programs.

I don't put LSU up there until after they have a real big win. They should have lost to NC in week 1 and they were missing half their starting roster. LSU looks like an 8-4 or 9-3 team to me right now. Wisconsin is really good. I have no problem with them up there. Florida isn't that good yet. They are so young and inconsistent that I don't know that they grow up before they have a couple losses. They have the athletes, but I don't know if they are really that good of a team yet.

Nobody in the Big 12 deserves mention as a top 6 or 7 squad.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Week 7 NCAA season Pokes28 5 3,380 10-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice