Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blown engine
LeNeve Wrote:#1. Use the saturn dealer, don't shop it out to some hack shop.
#2. They will most likely destroy your catylitic converters while removing the engine. So plan on that cost.
#3. The good thing about most dealers (around here anyway), is that they are not out to fuck you over, they have enough service work to stay afloat, without having to resort to crooked methods.

Is this a salvage yard engine? What exactly happened with your engine?
90 day warranty is bullshit, NOTHING ever goes wrong in those 90 days, which is why it is 90 days.

Yes, I think if serviced regularly, you should be able to squeeze alot more miles out of the used engine.

I was using the Saturn dealer no matter what. I will have to tell them not to break the converter, b/c I am not paying for it. I know they won't fuck me over, I have been dealing with them for 10 years and they have always been straight with me.

It is a salvage yard engine, I have to find out why it is in the yard still. My engine locked up b/c there was no oil in it. They said my oil was burning off, but there were no signs of it and my car was not due for an oil change for another 500 miles. It might have been the cause of the coolant lights also. I had NO idea there was no oil. I always am spot on with my oil checks and there were no leaks in my garage or anything.

I think the new engine is the option we are leaning towards, I just want to get the car to run another 2 years. Another 150k miles would be sweet, and now I will take even MORE care of it. I will check the oil everytime I get fucking gas from now on.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camaro Engine LeNeve 9 3,868 02-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Joe