Poll: Good arrest?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
70.00%
7 70.00%
NO
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good charge?
There are a lot of misconceptions about taser use out there. A lot. The problem is all in perception. On a law enforcement use of force continuum using a taser comes between non-compliance to verbal commands and the use of empty hand control or impact weapons. The problem is that a lot of officers are not trained well enough to use empty hand control techniques or are just flat scared to lay hands on someone. The taser is easier and effective. And it's a perfectly legit, legal use of force. For me personally I never carried one nor did I want to. You could slam someone and unless they were visibly injured by it you never had to do a use of force report. You zap someone with a taser though and it was mandatory. Same as spraying someone with OC. I was perfectly comfortable taking someone down with old-fashioned DT techniques. It's a newer cop thing I guess.

Tasers carry a digital record of uses that are checked regularly. if it says it went off there better be a report as to who, where and why. Not saying Pokes is wrong but if some cop zapped someone and split there is a SERIOUS issue going on in that department. The new tasers even have digital video cameras that record the deployment.

The taser deaths are almost all caused by use of cocaine or some other CNS stimulant. For me personally if you're fighting the cops and die as a result then boo-hoo. You shouldn't have been acting like a jackass to begin with. Like anything the number of deaths directly attributable to taser use is VERY small...but they never talk about the number of deployments where nothing happens. Only the rare occurrences merit "news"

Messages In This Thread