Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday 03/10 - Last day of work this week
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:My advice, stay in the truck! I went into management for a few years and hated it! Clock in Clock out Go home!!!
i'm gonna start shooting people if I stay in the truck any longer. Its been a while for you, but remember all of the bottom of the board shit you had to deal with?
I didn't get a vacation week in the summer for 3 yrs & had a downtown route so I understand!!!

Driving a truck downtown would suck ass.
Driving a car downtown is bad enough.
Chip Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:My advice, stay in the truck! I went into management for a few years and hated it! Clock in Clock out Go home!!!
i'm gonna start shooting people if I stay in the truck any longer. Its been a while for you, but remember all of the bottom of the board shit you had to deal with?
I didn't get a vacation week in the summer for 3 yrs & had a downtown route so I understand!!!

Gotta be patient & pay your dues!!!
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
Chip Wrote:Driving a truck downtown would suck ass.
I dont go to downtown chicago, but there are places were you have to back in off of busy streets, cars flying around behind you while your trying to do this, blind side back up, docks that are inside what amounts to a single car garage. The city work doesnt bother me, its the work for 8-9 hours, then oh yeah by the way we need you to run these trailers an hour away, when they know that they need a guy to do this, but they stick me out in the city until 9pm, then tell me.
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
eddieyourdj Wrote:Gotta be patient & pay your dues!!!
i've paid my dues, been at fedex for 4 years at the end of the month. Thats why i'm moving to managment, I'll be happier there
I got a new high power LED work light. IT is bad ass. Best light I have ever owned.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cliplight.com/automotive/products.php?pageID=Product_Details&productID=325&catID=83">http://www.cliplight.com/automotive/pro ... 5&catID=83</a><!-- m -->

[Image: 1000400226-1000400621.jpg&size=170]
LeNeve Wrote:I got a new high power LED work light. IT is bad ass. Best light I have ever owned.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cliplight.com/automotive/products.php?pageID=Product_Details&productID=325&catID=83">http://www.cliplight.com/automotive/pro ... 5&catID=83</a><!-- m -->

I have those old fashioned kind. With a cord, and the cage around the light bulb.
If I knock it against something, the bulb breaks.
Maybe I should get something like that.
Derick Wrote:
i've paid my dues, been at fedex for 4 years at the end of the month. Thats why i'm moving to managment, I'll be happier there
4 yrs? You're just a kid with the company!!!
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
4 years with the freight division, another 2 with ground, and 11 years behind the wheel. But yeah, i'm still young, but with 4 years in, that would have put me on a very nice bid, had I not moved around
I need some safety wire pliers, sears wants $125, a motorcycle website wants $25 for them, I cant figure out what the difference is. snap on also wants $120

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDXPdqwXqiMuoJts9rzEa...2JX2pVPLow]
Derick Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
4 years with the freight division, another 2 with ground, and 11 years behind the wheel. But yeah, i'm still young, but with 4 years in, that would have put me on a very nice bid, had I not moved around
Sounds like you have a good working knowledge of the overall operations, go for it!!!
eddieyourdj Wrote:Sounds like you have a good working knowledge of the overall operations, go for it!!!
I've worked for both ups and fedex. At fedex alone, I've spent done, p/d, linehaul, dockwork, and fill in for absent supervisors all the time. There are very few things I havent done in trucking, I think I would be a great asset to the managment team
Derick Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:Sounds like you have a good working knowledge of the overall operations, go for it!!!
I've worked for both ups and fedex. At fedex alone, I've spent done, p/d, linehaul, dockwork, and fill in for absent supervisors all the time. There are very few things I havent done in trucking, I think I would be a great asset to the managment team
I think that I was too nice to be on management. I'm not saying that you're not, but you have to be a glorified babysitter and I just didn't like dealing with employees crying all of the time. Not my cup of tea!!!
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
I think that I was too nice to be on management. I'm not saying that you're not, but you have to be a glorified babysitter and I just didn't like dealing with employees crying all of the time. Not my cup of tea!!!
but i'm a dick, you guys have said so. Also I dont hold anyones hand, cause I've been there and had to do the same shit. That is why I firmly believe any managment should have started at the bottom, so they know what its like
Chip Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

I helped my Dad move from Denver a few years ago. The uhaul place is right next to old mile high stadium, downtown Denver. He rented the biggest truck and trailer combo you can get without having a CDL. Then he made me drive it out of there during the afternoon rush hour. That shit sucked just getting to the main highway.

Then I had to go 50 miles north on I-25 in heavy, heavy traffic. The truck only went 55 mph too. Everyone else was going 70-80. PEople were road raging at me bad. IT was a miserable, miserable experience.

We had the truck, and the car trailer loaded by the next afternoon. I said I wasn't going to drive in that mess with a big slow stupid truck, and trailer again. So I waited until almost midnight to leave. I made it back to kansas safe and sound by 5 AM.
Derick Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
but i'm a dick, you guys have said so. Also I dont hold anyones hand, cause I've been there and had to do the same shit. That is why I firmly believe any managment should have started at the bottom, so they know what its like

What a dick.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Week of Nov 21, 2016 ~ Thanksgiving Beckster 4 1,235 12-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Chip
  This Week ~ October 17, 2016 Beckster 22 2,519 11-02-2016, 08:15 AM
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip