Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday 7/22/2013 - Whole lot of nothing.
Derick Wrote:Race update from the past weekend.

head out for practice on saturday morning, things just wasnt feeling right, pulled into hot pit, made a quick check, made a couple of adjustments, headed back out. Felt better but still not right. Practice session ends, and pull it into my pits, and start looking over the bike, as there is one more practice session, then the races start, and I wanted to put in a good solid second practice. Start checking things as the brakes seem to not be as I remembered, not as effective. So I go to pull the lever and it drops to the bar. WTF, pull the lever again, nothing, start looking around, and find a puddle of brake fluid on the ground. That could have been bad. Mad scramble to find a new brake line. Guy who does trackside service and my suspension, just happened to have a new set. Get them swapped out, and back in action $200 later. So I have completely missed practice 2, and I signed up for an extra race, this will be the first time testing new lines. Hope they work. Race starts make it through corner 1 ok, get to corner 3, and holy fuck, this thing is not slowing down like I'm used to. Brake line diameter is different, resulting in a whole different feel. I'm gonna get really good at trail braking in a hurry. By lap 3 I had the brakes figured out, but then I got run off the track, and finished last. Oh well, didnt really care, as it was more of a practice session for me anyway. Race 2, finished 3rd. Race 3, finished 1st.

Day 2. 2 practice sessions then 2 races. Bike is feeling good, switch to race fuel, that shit smells good, and love that it makes the bike run awesome. Finish 2nd in first race, and 5th in last race.

summary.
could have died, finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd for the weekend. Also met my lap time goal that I set to get to for the year. 1:19.9 I wanted to be in the teens, and finally got there.

:high5: Lucky bastard.

My weekend was not as exciting, but I did get to demo 8 new bikes.

This one was as awesome as I expected, but really really uncomfortable especially with a passenger.
[Image: 1074261_10151741962826253_491104072_o.jpg]
I've always hated the smell of gas
I took one of these out for a demo ride and i have to say they are a ton of fun. I wouldn't buy one, but it was cool to ride. It's feels like you're riding an ATV on the road.

[Image: 1013153_10151741719726253_1531699493_n.jpg]
Joe Wrote::high5: Lucky bastard.

This one was as awesome as I expected, but really really uncomfortable especially with a passenger.
what was the big difference with a passenger? I know that adding a passenger isnt ideal for any sportbike, but they are usually tollerable
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
I hate riding a bike with someone on the back. We took a 10 hour cruise awhile back, and I had a passenger the whole time. Never again.
I've ridden a raptor 4 wheeler on the highway.
Derick Wrote:

what was the big difference with a passenger? I know that adding a passenger isnt ideal for any sportbike, but they are usually tollerable

Think about it. You generally move around quite a bit on your seat especially in the turns when you shift your weight. With a passenger it's really hard to move. I've got 100lbs on you so it may be easier for you to more with a passenger.
LeNeve Wrote:I've ridden a raptor 4 wheeler on the highway.

I used to have to ride my 400EX about a 1/4 down the highway to get to the quarry where we would ride.
The best ride of the weekend was definitely the Suzuki M90 (I rode the M109R last year and that still kicks ass), but a close second was Yamaha's Raider.

The Raider is a damn nice looking bike too, but they are a little out of their minds asking almost $21,000 for this. For $21k, I'd be on a Victory or a Harley.
[Image: 1073888_10151741560376253_499290090_o.jpg]
I think what Derick is saying, is you ride like a fag, and your shits all retarded.
Joe Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

Think about it. You generally move around quite a bit on your seat especially in the turns when you shift your weight. With a passenger it's really hard to move. I've got 100lbs on you so it may be easier for you to more with a passenger.
I'm not sure what kind of riding your doing, but usually when I have passengers, i just tell them to put their head on the side into the corner. ie, if were turning right, put your head on the right side of my head. I dont typically move my body much, its street riding. But I also dont move much when racing either, I more rotate around the tank as opposed to really hanging off the bike, my head is outside of the windscreen, and torso is pointed towards the corner, but I'm not a real hanger offer
Derick Wrote:I'm not sure what kind of riding your doing, but usually when I have passengers, i just tell them to put their head on the side into the corner. ie, if were turning right, put your head on the right side of my head. I dont typically move my body much, its street riding. But I also dont move much when racing either, I more rotate around the tank as opposed to really hanging off the bike, my head is outside of the windscreen, and torso is pointed towards the corner, but I'm not a real hanger offer

I think you are moving more than you realize.
youve got to move it move it
Joe Wrote:
Derick Wrote:I'm not sure what kind of riding your doing, but usually when I have passengers, i just tell them to put their head on the side into the corner. ie, if were turning right, put your head on the right side of my head. I dont typically move my body much, its street riding. But I also dont move much when racing either, I more rotate around the tank as opposed to really hanging off the bike, my head is outside of the windscreen, and torso is pointed towards the corner, but I'm not a real hanger offer

I think you are moving more than you realize.
that is quite possible, but then again, riding on the track/racing has taught me how much you can lean sitting dead center of the bike, and that is way more lean that I would do with any passenger ever street riding
LeNeve Wrote:youve got to move it move it
very true

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT