Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday 8/23.... Bitches Unite
Pokes28 Wrote:Howdy folks. Been a while since I checked in. Anything new?
holy shit, who's this guy?

Someone call the milk company, they can take his picture off the carton now
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
I plan on making another attempt at finding a beach and relaxing. This I know for the weekend. I also believe there is a small car show we may attend.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Lol. Sorry. My world continues to be busier and busier. Starting to consider a major life change for the first time ever. Thinking about exploring moving to a foreign country in an attempt to make big bucks. Working on certifications now to become more marketable. Hell I've not worked on my résumé in 19 years.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Pokes28 Wrote:Lol. Sorry. My world continues to be busier and busier. Starting to consider a major life change for the first time ever. Thinking about exploring moving to a foreign country in an attempt to make big bucks. Working on certifications now to become more marketable. Hell I've not worked on my résumé in 19 years.
that IS a big change. Glad to hear your doing well. What does the wife think about moving to a foreign country.

Now when we call tech support Pokes will answer from India :roflmao: :roflmao:
If I decide that it would be a good thing to move, she is on board. If we move, she gets to be a housewife which is a very good thing for both of our quality of life. I am considering Dubai. But the money needs to be as good as I have been hearing.
Pokes28 Wrote:If I decide that it would be a good thing to move, she is on board. If we move, she gets to be a housewife which is a very good thing for both of our quality of life. I am considering Dubai. But the money needs to be as good as I have been hearing.
i hear that is mad cash in that place, but cant confirm. the only thing that would suck is the sand storms
Yeah. I'm hearing that I should be able to bring in 250-300k per year and most jobs come with housing, food, and travel. I've gotten to work with some CCIEs lately and I've determined that I'm better at what I do than most of them. Then I look at my job which I do enjoy, but I know I am not going to make much more and frankly I know I can do better financially. We don't have kids and our folks will need us in a few years so now is the time if we are going to take a chance.
Pokes28 Wrote:Yeah. I'm hearing that I should be able to bring in 250-300k per year and most jobs come with housing, food, and travel. .
Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

that is really going to piss joe off
can I go too?
Derick Wrote:
Pokes28 Wrote:Yeah. I'm hearing that I should be able to bring in 250-300k per year and most jobs come with housing, food, and travel. .
Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

that is really going to piss joe off

Sounds awesome. With our lead network engineer gone as of two weeks ago I'm rolling into some of the stuff that Pokes works on. I know if I keep going with it that I'll be able to ask for a bit more. I know it's not going to bring that kind of money, but I don't want to live outside of the country.
Joe have you gotten into any of the wireless controllers? They are amazing.
Pokes28 Wrote:Joe have you gotten into any of the wireless controllers? They are amazing.

No. We just upgraded internally with new Cisco units, but my boss still is the guy that configures those. Since I do Small and Medium business my clients generally don't spend the money. We usually just sell them Ubiquiti wireless. You get 3 devices and a software controller for like $200.
How is the ubiquiti stuff? I had a buddy install it a while back and he complained a lot. But the cost is tough to beat.
Sweet, just got a call back for an interview next week. It's in York, PA so not as cool as Dubai.
Derick Wrote:when most people are using a computer or phone, which has a built in calendar, no excuse

Sad thing was I looked at the calendar before I inputted it too. Twice.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friday, December 4, 2015 ~ RIP Scott Weiland Beckster 7 191 07-17-2021, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Friday 12/11/15 - I hate my neighbour NussieT 15 173 07-17-2021, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Friday, September 23, 2016 Beckster 16 2,604 09-23-2016, 03:17 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Friday, September 16, 2016 ~ Nessie Beckster 0 502 09-16-2016, 09:29 AM
  Friday, September 9, 2016 ~ TGIF Beckster 2 463 09-09-2016, 02:14 PM
  Friday, August 26, 2016 ~ Chilly Friday Morning Beckster 1 467 08-26-2016, 02:41 PM
  Friday, August 19,2016 ~ Back to the Bricks Beckster 0 381 08-19-2016, 09:18 AM
  Friday, August 12, 2016 ~Floppy Fish Beckster 26 3,195 08-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Chip