Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
03/21 - Warm weekend, snow in the forecast
Brian Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:
Brian Wrote:Where is milk $6.04 a gallon?

A gallon of chocolate milk in Manitoba is over $6.
Regular milk is around $3.50 here.

Regular milk is between $4.50 and $6 here depending on the type of milk.
Chip Wrote:I think I'd rather stay in Rome longer.
Rome is the shizzbamsnappy, we went on a mediteranean cruise a few years ago and it was a great way to see that part of europe. like a sampler and you could decide where to visit again and where to stay away from.
JDubb Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I think I'd rather stay in Rome longer.
:whomo: there is so much to do there and within a pretty short drive.
also it has a major train terminal, they could go anywhere from rome
Sarah and I are going on a two week Italy trip next year. We can't wait. I think we are going to spend 5-6 days in Rome.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Chip Wrote:
michaelangelo Wrote:
Chip Wrote:30 pictures of boats washed ashore in Japan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pictureg...unami.html
that's so swoot, i feel terrible for the japanese people

How the hell are they going to get those huge ships out of there?
i have no idea, i guess in Hawaii they got all the ships to go out to sea so they wouldn't wash ashore
Pokes28 Wrote:Sarah and I are going on a two week Italy trip next year. We can't wait. I think we are going to spend 5-6 days in Rome.

I would never be able to get Jim to anywhere in Europe. He is not a fan of travelling and he terrified of planes.
Brian Wrote:Where is milk $6.04 a gallon?

yeah, it's like 2 gallons for 4 dollars here.
Nussie_T Wrote:
Pokes28 Wrote:Sarah and I are going on a two week Italy trip next year. We can't wait. I think we are going to spend 5-6 days in Rome.

I would never be able to get Jim to anywhere in Europe. He is not a fan of travelling and he terrified of planes.
Pussy, I love traveling.
As for the toe shoes, I have a pair on order. But not for wearing out and about. They are a shoe with a purpose. They are what is called "minimalist shoes." Those of us that run that want to work on developing the muscles in our feet and ankles, they are the best thing we can wear.

I won't just wear them to go out. I'll wear them around the house and to/from workouts. If somebody has an issue with me wearing them at the gym, they can go fuck off. I'm trying to accomplish something that I can't really do any other way other than going barefoot.

The best of these type of shoes are Vibram (pronounced Vee brum) 5 fingers.
JDubb Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:

Pussy, I love traveling.

Me too. He is also not a fan of large crowds and most touristy places are packed full of people.
Pokes28 Wrote:As for the toe shoes, I have a pair on order. But not for wearing out and about. They are a shoe with a purpose. They are what is called "minimalist shoes." Those of us that run that want to work on developing the muscles in our feet and ankles, they are the best thing we can wear.

I won't just wear them to go out. I'll wear them around the house and to/from workouts. If somebody has an issue with me wearing them at the gym, they can go fuck off. I'm trying to accomplish something that I can't really do any other way other than going barefoot.

Really?
It's finally getting warm enough out that I'll be able to run outside and not have to worry about ice.
And I'm thinking of buying shoes just for running.
Those would be the best for building muscle in my ankles?
I have bad ankles, and play soccer, I'm always looking to strengthen them.
I don't like crowds either. I've found that I rarely get stuck in crowds because I know when to go to the big tourist spots. Sure you will get a crowd at the Guinness factory tour in Dublin. Can't avoid that. Just prepare for it.
i don't think anyone is a big fan of crowds. most crowded place i've been is China, also Disneyland
Pokes28 Wrote:As for the toe shoes, I have a pair on order. But not for wearing out and about. They are a shoe with a purpose. They are what is called "minimalist shoes." Those of us that run that want to work on developing the muscles in our feet and ankles, they are the best thing we can wear.

A friend of mine just bought a pair he is also training for a marathon or something like that... He posted pics of them on FB... I still wouldn't wear them.. they creep me out.
Pokes28 Wrote:I don't like crowds either. I've found that I rarely get stuck in crowds because I know when to go to the big tourist spots. Sure you will get a crowd at the Guinness factory tour in Dublin. Can't avoid that. Just prepare for it.

We just avoid those types of situations. He has told me several times if I want to go somewhere I am more than welcome to it... he just doesn't have any desire... Now I just need to find someone to go with...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friiiiiiiiiiday, May 27, 2016 ~ Long Weekend Beckster 10 468 05-27-2016, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, May 16, 2016 ~ Snow Beckster 18 1,898 05-16-2016, 04:10 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Thursday, March 3, 2016 ~ Snow means Death Beckster 18 1,537 03-04-2016, 02:22 PM
  Monday, February 22, 2016 ~ Sucky Weekend Beckster 8 592 02-22-2016, 04:50 PM
  Tuesday, February 9, 2016 ~ Snow Beckster 15 391 02-10-2016, 09:52 AM
  Friday, January 29, 2016 ~ SNOW FEST Beckster 14 602 02-01-2016, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Joe
  Monday, January 25, 2016 ~ No Snow Day Beckster 4 251 01-25-2016, 02:16 PM
  Friday 1/22/2016 - No Snow Joe 7 222 01-23-2016, 11:53 PM
  Monday 12/16/15 - What a weekend!! NussieT 15 545 12-15-2015, 11:39 AM