Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday 7/26/2013 - SysAdmin Day
NussieT Wrote:
Joe Wrote:So there's a proposal meeting to have a Sprint tower installed in our community. :high5:

They proposed a Verizon tower a year ago and these hillbillies shot it down. :riot: Since they shot Verizon down my signal at home has gone to shit.

I'm going to head to this meeting with a baseball bat and make mother fuckers vote yes this time.

Our concrete plant has a tower on it. The company that owns the tower is being great to deal with. After awhile you don't even pay attention to it.

IS there much cash in letting them have the tower there?
Joe Wrote:So there's a proposal meeting to have a Sprint tower installed in our community. :high5:

They proposed a Verizon tower a year ago and these hillbillies shot it down. :riot: Since they shot Verizon down my signal at home has gone to shit.

I'm going to head to this meeting with a baseball bat and make mother fuckers vote yes this time.
It sounds like you live around here. The AT&T tower just got turned on yesterday in the town I work and it only just got a Verizon tower 2 months ago. Every other previous attempt to have a tower installed got shot down by the town boards. Someone had to blow someone to get these installed.
we don't take kindly to cell phone towers around here boy.
Joe Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:

Our concrete plant has a tower on it. The company that owns the tower is being great to deal with. After awhile you don't even pay attention to it.

IS there much cash in letting them have the tower there?

I haven't seen the lease agreement yet because they won't send me anything until the lawyer sends over the land transfer title however from talking to the chick, she says they pay a portion of our property tax and they pay for monthly rental.
For us it's great we make money off of a tower sitting there doing nothing. We don't have to maintain it. It's in the far corner so its out of the way.
NussieT Wrote:I haven't seen the lease agreement yet because they won't send me anything until the lawyer sends over the land transfer title however from talking to the chick, she says they pay a portion of our property tax and they pay for monthly rental.
For us it's great we make money off of a tower sitting there doing nothing. We don't have to maintain it. It's in the far corner so its out of the way.

From what I heard before it sounds like a pretty sweet deal if you own land that's attractive to cell companies.
do they not approve these towers due to the visual of the tower or health concerns?
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Donginator Wrote:do they not approve these towers due to the visual of the tower or health concerns?
Mostly visual. These people don't want to lose their previous views :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
Donginator Wrote:do they not approve these towers due to the visual of the tower or health concerns?

There was a discussion on the old message board for the community about it. 75% of the people posting on there said it was going to be an eye sore and was going to kill the children or some shit. Now we have a new message board so I posted the article and asked for everyone's support. I'm sure all the haters are going to sign in and blast me so I may just spend the weekend burning down houses.

I also figure that most people that are against the towers probably don't use the web as much so by me reminding everyone I hope to get a more technical group to show up for the vote.
Joe Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:I haven't seen the lease agreement yet because they won't send me anything until the lawyer sends over the land transfer title however from talking to the chick, she says they pay a portion of our property tax and they pay for monthly rental.

From what I heard before it sounds like a pretty sweet deal if you own land that's attractive to cell companies.

Rough guess between $4200-5000 a year for nothing. A piece of property we don't use.
Ours isn't cell phone either, it's a cable company
Brian Wrote:
Mostly visual. These people don't want to lose their previous views :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
:fag: :blahblah: :blahblah:
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Joe Wrote:

There was a discussion on the old message board for the community about it. 75% of the people posting on there said it was going to be an eye sore and was going to kill the children or some shit. Now we have a new message board so I posted the article and asked for everyone's support. I'm sure all the haters are going to sign in and blast me so I may just spend the weekend burning down houses.

I also figure that most people that are against the towers probably don't use the web as much so by me reminding everyone I hope to get a more technical group to show up for the vote.
its usually people who have nothing better to do, & the tower will most likely have zero effect on them, I really hate people
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Donginator Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

its usually people who have nothing better to do, & the tower will most likely have zero effect on them, I really hate people

There was a proposed strip club like an hour west of me that has been all over the news. People have been standing out in front of the property with signs for the whole week. Yesterday they shot it down and these assholes were all over the news crying and cheering that jesus helped them. :crank: https://www.facebook.com/CitizensAgainstStripClub

I understand it doesn't do any good for the neighborhood, but if you don't go to the strip club what do you have to worry about?
Brian Wrote:

Have you ever seen the towers they try to dress up to look like trees?
Chip Wrote:
Brian Wrote:

Yeah. Here's the one about a half hour from my house. I'd rather see a normal cell tower.
[Image: 27536682.jpg]
Chip Wrote:
Brian Wrote:

we have one here on the highway, but it stands about 100 feet taller than all the tree's around it
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friday, December 4, 2015 ~ RIP Scott Weiland Beckster 7 191 07-17-2021, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Friday 12/11/15 - I hate my neighbour NussieT 15 173 07-17-2021, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Friday, September 23, 2016 Beckster 16 2,604 09-23-2016, 03:17 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Friday, September 16, 2016 ~ Nessie Beckster 0 502 09-16-2016, 09:29 AM
  Friday, September 9, 2016 ~ TGIF Beckster 2 463 09-09-2016, 02:14 PM
  Friday, August 26, 2016 ~ Chilly Friday Morning Beckster 1 467 08-26-2016, 02:41 PM
  Friday, August 19,2016 ~ Back to the Bricks Beckster 0 381 08-19-2016, 09:18 AM
  Friday, August 12, 2016 ~Floppy Fish Beckster 26 3,195 08-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Chip