Poll: Did we lose the war on terror?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
44.44%
4 44.44%
NO
55.56%
5 55.56%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did we lose the war on terror?
Joe In PA Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Hondo Wrote:
negadave Wrote:I'd just like everybody to realize it's about money, not terror. :cya:

Not to them it isn't.

:high5:

And it didn't start about money either, there is a big hole on the south end of Manhattan that will attest to that.

You're not talking about Iraq right?

No, the war on terror. That started b/c some douchebags flew planes into buildings in NYC.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:You're not talking about Iraq right?

No, the war on terror. That started b/c some douchebags flew planes into buildings in NYC.

The problem is we didn't know where to fight the war and we went to the wrong place.
I dunno. They're a shitload of their dead people over there and none over here. I'd much rather kill them in the "wrong" place than having them swarm across out porous border and start blowing shit up here. Ask the Israelis what that's about.
Hondo Wrote:I dunno. They're a shitload of their dead people over there and none over here. I'd much rather kill them in the "wrong" place than having them swarm across out porous border and start blowing shit up here. Ask the Israelis what that's about.

Yeah, but they killed 3000 here so we sent them 5000 to kill there.
Hondo Wrote:I dunno. They're a shitload of their dead people over there and none over here. I'd much rather kill them in the "wrong" place than having them swarm across out porous border and start blowing shit up here. Ask the Israelis what that's about.

:whomo:

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Joe In PA Wrote:

OK, but how many of them are dead? No war is going to end without casualties.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

My point was we were fighting the wrong people. We were fighting the Iraqis who were most likely defending their country while these terror groups were killing us with road side bombs.
Joe In PA Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

My point was we were fighting the wrong people. We were fighting the Iraqis who were most likely defending their country while these terror groups were killing us with road side bombs.

When we invaded Iraq, wefought very few actual military. We were fighting the al queida people there. The real Iraq military all surrendered except very few of the republican guard, who actually fought. Most Iraqi regular military were just real happy to be rid of Saddam.

The middle east needs Saddam. No one else has been able to control those animals.

They feared him.
Joe In PA Wrote:The middle east needs Saddam. No one else has been able to control those animals.

They feared him.

Nah, he was just looney crazy nutz.

Now the sheiks that control Saudi Arabia, those guys rule with an iron fist, they are feared and still don't really fuck with the US. That is what the middle east needs, maybe with a few more public executions.

I think public executions would be great worldwide actually.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:The middle east needs Saddam. No one else has been able to control those animals.

They feared him.

Nah, he was just looney crazy nutz.

Now the sheiks that control Saudi Arabia, those guys rule with an iron fist, they are feared and still don't really fuck with the US. That is what the middle east needs, maybe with a few more public executions.

I think public executions would be great worldwide actually.

Something has to make these people fear us. We should stop worrying about hurting their feelings.
I haven't read through all these posts just yet... The only reason we go to the lengths we do is because there's oil in those countries. Africa's civil wars and dictators are far worse, but a lot of them are poor.

As far as the people from these countries hating Americans. They are programmed to, they are only allowed to watch what the government says they can. A lot of the more educated people who get to leave their country develop different opinions, especially when they visit here. I went to class with a bunch of students from the Mid East.
If that moron had gone through with his stupid stunt... It would have been played up to be a personal attack, in order for the terrorists to recruit new people.
That preacher dude is a complete moron for wanting to disrespect another religion anyway.

As far as Iraq... We invaded them, because people seem to know they were relatively easy to defeat. My Ranger bud was one of first to parachute into Baghdad, they took it over so damn quick. I had a lot of friends over there risking their lives (some are still there). I hope we never find out that it was all in vain.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Joe In PA Wrote:Something has to make these people fear us. We should stop worrying about hurting their feelings.

This. Totally.

Al Quesadilla moved from Afghanistan to Iraq after we went in there. We slaughtered them wholesale. Once the surge bloodied them bad enough they went back to Afghanistan knowing Iraq (for now) was a lost cause. Those fuckers will go wherever the infidel is. I'd much rather blow up someone else's shit killing them than having to do it somewhere I do care about. The reason Afghanistan is bad again is that we actually did something right in Iraq.

My problem with all of this is we've consistently lacked coherent planning about how to manage things after the real combat was over. Iraq specifically. I think we left OBL on the loose to act as the terror boogeyman knowing full well he was unable to really do anything. These fuckers are like a nest of snakes under the house. It's a damn dirty job getting rid of them but unless you do it, and do it right, sooner or later they'll hurt something that you care about.

I've read the Qur'an. These are thoroughly dangerous people on a scale that makes the Japanese in WW II look like amateurs. We better wake the fuck up to this reality or sooner or later Washington D.C., New York City or some other major US city is going to be a smoking, radioactive ruin. Those are the stakes in this game.
Hondo Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:Something has to make these people fear us. We should stop worrying about hurting their feelings.

This. Totally.

Al Quesadilla moved from Afghanistan to Iraq after we went in there. We slaughtered them wholesale. Once the surge bloodied them bad enough they went back to Afghanistan knowing Iraq (for now) was a lost cause. Those fuckers will go wherever the infidel is. I'd much rather blow up someone else's shit killing them than having to do it somewhere I do care about. The reason Afghanistan is bad again is that we actually did something right in Iraq.

My problem with all of this is we've consistently lacked coherent planning about how to manage things after the real combat was over. Iraq specifically. I think we left OBL on the loose to act as the terror boogeyman knowing full well he was unable to really do anything. These fuckers are like a nest of snakes under the house. It's a damn dirty job getting rid of them but unless you do it, and do it right, sooner or later they'll hurt something that you care about.

I've read the Qur'an. These are thoroughly dangerous people on a scale that makes the Japanese in WW II look like amateurs. We better wake the fuck up to this reality or sooner or later Washington D.C., New York City or some other major US city is going to be a smoking, radioactive ruin. Those are the stakes in this game.

So what did you take away from reading the Qur'an? Are these people doing what it says or are they misinterpreting it?
The "good" Muslims are not following the book. The "bad" Muslims are following it to the letter. There are several ayats (verses) I can cite that indicate this.

I guess what it boils down to for me is this:

Any group that hides their women and doesn't like bacon absolutely CANNOT be up to any good.

Check out the running totals of Islam's body count.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thereligionofpeace.com/">http://thereligionofpeace.com/</a><!-- m -->

Or, as I like to say: Islam. A religion of peace and they'll kill you to prove it.