Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bar Scene
Chip Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I don't think there is a single bar in my area that does not blast music, they are all competing for the same crowd. It is much more fun to hang out at our friends' weekend campfire.

Most of our bars close at 2am, but Michigan did pass a law that they can get a special license to stay open til 4a. I honestly don't know how many bars have jumped on that, I personally have no desire to out that late anymore... I don't want to spend the entire following day in bed when I have shit to do.

Did they really? Last I heard they were still talking about it.
After taking trips to NYC and Chicago, where they do stay open until 4, I decided I do NOT need to live where bars are open until 4. Come 2, I should be done. If someone doesn't stop me, I won't stop. :beer:

They passed it, but the bars have to pay some ridiculous fee to get the license for it, so not many have jumped on it.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I don't think there is a single bar in my area that does not blast music, they are all competing for the same crowd. It is much more fun to hang out at our friends' weekend campfire.

Most of our bars close at 2am, but Michigan did pass a law that they can get a special license to stay open til 4a. I honestly don't know how many bars have jumped on that, I personally have no desire to out that late anymore... I don't want to spend the entire following day in bed when I have shit to do.

After taking trips to NYC and Chicago, where they do stay open until 4, I decided I do NOT need to live where bars are open until 4. Come 2, I should be done. If someone doesn't stop me, I won't stop. :beer:

They passed it, but the bars have to pay some ridiculous fee to get the license for it, so not many have jumped on it.

All I can find on it is that they're still trying to get it.
Chip Wrote:

Nothing good happens after 12AM at a bar or club, especially if you are in a relationship, or worse married, and your partner is not with you.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
LeNeve Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:I drink too much to pay bar prices.

this is the problem I run into. 3 bucks a beer = at the least 36 bucks. If I don't drink before I go I can drop 60 bucks from 8-2 pretty easy. Then if I'm in a good mood I have a habit of buying rounds or shots for people.

You drink 12 beers when you go out?

I drink 12 beers on weeknights after work. My liver hurts.

:high5: :high5:
Pete Nice Wrote:Nothing good happens after 12AM at a bar or club, especially if you are in a relationship, or worse married, and your partner is not with you.
So true.
I agree. I blame the kids and their goddamn rock music.
My name is Taco. Don Taco.
[Image: Oilergirl2.jpg][Image: OilersCheerleaders2.jpg]
cody Wrote:I agree. I blame the kids and their goddamn rock music.
don't forget their complicated shoes
Brian in NY Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Nothing good happens after 12AM at a bar or club, especially if you are in a relationship, or worse married, and your partner is not with you.
So true.

But, if you're single, everything good happens after 12.
I much prefer a 'locals' type of bar or a pub that has a good beer selection. Brewpubs or taphouse type places are my favorite to go and chill with friends.

Clubs with thumping music and $5 Bud Light specials are basically a novelty for for 21-25 crowd, and a magnet for the 35+ year old dudes that go there to hit on the younger chicks and creep the rest of us normal guys out.

If I'm going to go to a club type of place, I'd rather drop $250 with a group of friends on bottle service and chill with a more exclusive type of crowd. The rowdy club/bars just aren't my thing anymore.