Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 weeks...
LeNeve Wrote:20 years ago, I felt as if I could start at a local dirt track, work my way up to the big time you know? I used to daydream about racing NASCAR. Loved it. Me and my Stepdad even started working on a modified stock for the local tracks. Then the farm started going bankrupt, and some uninsured drunk illegal immigrant wrecked us. That was it. Shit's been down hill since then.

Anyway, I think it is impossible to get into NASCAR now, unless you have a super crazy rich family to start a team. Or a regular wealthy family to start you racing when you are 5 years old.

My father and I started going to watch dirt track modifieds when I turned 5. I'd be happy if that's all I ever was able to race.
Joe Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:20 years ago, I felt as if I could start at a local dirt track, work my way up to the big time you know? I used to daydream about racing NASCAR. Loved it. Me and my Stepdad even started working on a modified stock for the local tracks. Then the farm started going bankrupt, and some uninsured drunk illegal immigrant wrecked us. That was it. Shit's been down hill since then.

Anyway, I think it is impossible to get into NASCAR now, unless you have a super crazy rich family to start a team. Or a regular wealthy family to start you racing when you are 5 years old.

My father and I started going to watch dirt track modifieds when I turned 5. I'd be happy if that's all I ever was able to race.

Yeah, me too. It's still such an expensive hobby though. Only the upper class around here can afford it, farmers, ranchers, and business owners. I can barely afford to put my kids in all the regular sports.
LeNeve Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

Yeah, me too. It's still such an expensive hobby though. Only the upper class around here can afford it, farmers, ranchers, and business owners. I can barely afford to put my kids in all the regular sports.

My friend sold his race team (cars & tools) to his current car owner and sponsor. I could have bought a few houses for the money that was spent.

[Image: 2011car1.jpg]
My shop foreman boss used to race the micro midgets. He tried to get me into it, and I wanted to. He finally had to quit too. He is single, no kids, 40+ years old. Owns his house, makes good money, and he still couldn't keep up with the cost. Now he travels around helping the rich people in the pits, I guess just to be there, and be part of it. Really sad kind of, if he couldn't even afford it.
LeNeve Wrote:My shop foreman boss used to race the micro midgets. He tried to get me into it, and I wanted to. He finally had to quit too. He is single, no kids, 40+ years old. Owns his house, makes good money, and he still couldn't keep up with the cost. Now he travels around helping the rich people in the pits, I guess just to be there, and be part of it. Really sad kind of, if he couldn't even afford it.

Yeah I offered up help to work with my friend's sprint car team for free, but they are kinda big time here and he's got paid guys working for him. Personally I think I'm smarter than they are, but I guess just getting top 5 finished is all he wants.
Der der der.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Canadians just don't get it unless it involves a puck..
Joe Wrote:Canadians just don't get it unless it involves a puck..
Watch it
Brampton Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Canadians just don't get it unless it involves a puck..
Watch it

watch my balls
Meh :roll: [smiley]Nascar Sucks[/smiley]
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I've never been a NASCAR fan, but I've been told I'm going to a race this year.
I'm kinda looking forward to it.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Meh :roll: [smiley]Nascar Sucks[/smiley]

Canadians and women....

Except Taylor.
Chip Wrote:I've never been a NASCAR fan, but I've been told I'm going to a race this year.

In person it's pure fucking awesome at the right track. You'll be blown away by the military fly over and the start of the race. It's loud and awesome. About 30 laps in the people that aren't fans lose interest. At 100 laps in the real fans start wishing they were in their own living room and can get up use their own bahtroom and get themselves a beer. The middle 65% of the race becomes a blur and the end is sometimes exciting.

I've been to Dover and Richmond a few times and they seat over 80,000 people. Traffic leaving there is worse than you can imagine.
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I've never been a NASCAR fan, but I've been told I'm going to a race this year.

In person it's pure fucking awesome at the right track. You'll be blown away by the military fly over and the start of the race. It's loud and awesome. About 30 laps in the people that aren't fans lose interest. At 100 laps in the real fans start wishing they were in their own living room and can get up use their own bahtroom and get themselves a beer. The middle 65% of the race becomes a blur and the end is sometimes exciting.

I've been to Dover and Richmond a few times and they seat over 80,000 people. Traffic leaving there is worse than you can imagine.

I'll be going to MIS here. I've got some friends who do the whole RV thing. They get 3 RVs and make a really long weekend out of it, so I'm thinking I'll be able to wait out the traffic there. I've talked about going for a few years now.
And I've been to UofM games at the Big House, that crowd gets up to 115,000 so I might be able to imagine.
Or do NASCAR races get a ton of people who just go to tailgate?