Dudebro Nation
Dudebro Convention 2011 - Printable Version

+- Dudebro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Covino And Rich (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Covino & Rich Topics (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Dudebro Convention 2011 (/showthread.php?tid=844)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Re: Dudebro Convention 2011 New York City - MattInMinnesota - 04-26-2011

Greg Mercer Wrote:Right now on Facebook there are about 20-25 coming for the show on Friday. That's about the same as last year, but I'm hoping that there will be more guys that don't have Facebook coming. Several guys emailed Spot about it last year. That would be really cool if 50-60 came.

I know money is tight for everyone and that the NY location is really bad for probably 3/4 of the country. I'm prepared to see less than last year if it happens. I know lots of guys want a west coast location which would work great providing there is enough advanced warning of an event out there.
While I agree it would be awesome for C&R to get a huge turnout, its hard to get to know so many people in a large setting like that. If there's 20-25 guys at the events that does make it easier to get to know people and make some friendships where as if there were 50+ people its just harder to do that with everyone.

Re: Dudebro Convention 2011 New York City - JDubb - 04-28-2011

Where are those that are going staying? I am booking this weekend but have no idea where to stay. It would be cool if we were all in the same hotel.

Re: Dudebro Convention 2011 New York City - Joe - 04-28-2011

JDubb Wrote:Where are those that are going staying? I am booking this weekend but have no idea where to stay. It would be cool if we were all in the same hotel.

I'm wonder the same thing. No Sponsors or group rates?

Re: Dudebro Convention 2011 New York City - Joe - 04-28-2011

http://www.clubquarters.com/

$200 a night? 5 min walk to the studio.

Re: Dudebro Convention 2011 New York City - Pete Nice - 04-28-2011

I am staying here, we stayed here last year, it was great, and a nice place also.

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-new_york-new_york-NY464?&sid=x83_jg.mcKErgR16.1

Re: Dudebro Convention 2011 New York City - Joe - 04-29-2011

Pete Nice Wrote:I am staying here, we stayed here last year, it was great, and a nice place also.

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-new_york-new_york-NY464?&sid=x83_jg.mcKErgR16.1

$249? Seems more expensive than the one I mentioned which looked nicer

What is the address of the studio?

Re: Dudebro Convention 2011 New York City - Greg Mercer - 04-29-2011

Joe Wrote:What is the address of the studio?

I think it's 1221 Avenue of the Americas.

Any hotel that is worth a dang in Midtown East is going to be nearly $200 a night, and that might even be with a Hotwire/Priceline rate. I'm still working on getting the lowest rate I can on a 4 star in Jersey City, and it's going to probably cost around $160 a night before taxes/fees. I don't mind staying out there because there is a train into the city close by...Rich does it every day.

Greg Mercer Wrote:

Any hotel that is worth a dang in Midtown East is going to be nearly $200 a night, and that might even be with a Hotwire/Priceline rate. I'm still working on getting the lowest rate I can on a 4 star in Jersey City, and it's going to probably cost around $160 a night before taxes/fees. I don't mind staying out there because there is a train into the city close by...Rich does it every day.

That's the address I was using. I'm good with $200 a night. Since I may only be staying one night an extra $40 is worth being right on the middle of the city.

Re: Dudebro Convention 2011 New York City - JDubb - 04-29-2011

I've never been to NYC so I would like to stay where others are.

JDubb Wrote:I've never been to NYC so I would like to stay where others are.

I was there once like 15 years ago.

Check out the one I mentioned.

Man this is difficult....

Re: Dudebro Convention 2011 New York City - JDubb - 04-29-2011

Joe Wrote:

It really shouldn't be this hard.

JDubb Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

It really shouldn't be this hard.

Nope, just need people to post where they are staying. We looked last night and saw a few and so far I think it's going to be Club Quarters. I emailed Spot asking him for suggestions as well.

Re: Dudebro Convention 2011 New York City - Donginator - 04-29-2011

wish I had baller place so everyone could just stay with me, hopefully one day :pray:

Re: Dudebro Convention 2011 New York City - Pete Nice - 04-29-2011

Joe Wrote:
Greg Mercer Wrote:

That's the address I was using. I'm good with $200 a night. Since I may only be staying one night an extra $40 is worth being right on the middle of the city.

You should stay Friday and Saturday nights.