Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pussification of 2011
Apparently, there was a bunch of stupid shit that went down this year. Read some of them. A few make sense, but some others are pretty weak.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Baby photos: A Maryland hospital banned baby photos in the first five minutes after a child is delivered. The hospital explained that family photographers were causing risky distractions, though those in opposition to the policy believed it was put in place to avoid malpractice lawsuits.

Elton's baby photos: When proud parents Elton John and David Furnish posed with their new baby on cover of Us Magazine, a supermarket in Arkansas deemed the content not safe for shoppers. The totally G-rated magazine was placed behind a "family shield."
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
SERIOUSLY?? ---

Service dogs: A 12-year-old epileptic boy was banned from coming to school with the service dog trained to save his life.
I HATE PIE!!
Burqas: The controversial ban on women wearing the traditional Muslim head-to-toe covering went into effect in France. Police arrested or fined at least 60 women attempting to preserve their religious freedom by protesting the ban.
I HATE PIE!!
Brown-bag lunches: A Chicago public school banned kids from bringing food from home, forcing them to eat the cafeteria lunches or nothing at all. The school says it's healthier for kids but not all parents agree. They're also not in agreement on the price-point, considering home-made leftovers are a lot less money than the daily cafeteria fee.
I HATE PIE!!
Baggy pants: Schools districts from Florida to Pennsylvania banned students from wearing baggy pants. In Orlando an actual "baggy pants" law suspended students who "exposed underwear or body parts" with a little loose hanging fabric.
I HATE PIE!!
Babies on planes: When Malaysia Airlines banned babies from some first class flights, the hospitality industry took note.
I HATE PIE!!
Babies everywhere: Pretty soon babies and young kids were persona non grata at restaurants, hotels, movie theaters and more.

Babies with the name Lucifer: New Zealand courts decided to crack down on parents' rights, banning the name from the baby books because of it's satanic association.
I HATE PIE!!
Kids expressing themselves creatively: It really sucked to be a high school student in Florida this year. By the summer, Lake County's school district decided to ban "extreme" "unnatural" hair color and "bold" makeup, citing such mainstays of teen culture as causes of class distraction.
I HATE PIE!!
Faces expressing their lines falsely: Another big ban this year? Airbrushing. The British Advertising Standards Authority banned two makeup ads because they were overly airbrushed.
I HATE PIE!!
Teachers-student Facebook friends: Social networking has been a minefield for teachers. In Missouri,
state senators came up with a band-aid solution. Fire any teacher who accepts a student's friend request on Facebook. They probably shouldn't retweet anything from a student either, just to be safe.
I HATE PIE!!
Fur: Don't hunt for your fox vests or mink coats in Los Angeles. Purchasing fur apparel is now illegal in the City of Angels.
I HATE PIE!!
Cheerleader uniforms: At a San Jose high school, cheerleaders are required to buy a micro-mini uniform if they make the squad. But they're also required to take it off when they go to class, because it's way too short. Paging the office of mixed messages.
I HATE PIE!!
Saying 'bless you': A teacher said his class got so out of hand with sneeze follow-ups he banned the verbal courtesy from his classroom. Lame
I HATE PIE!!
Ok, I agree with this one:

Tanning teens: First no fur, now no leather skin. That's probably a good thing. California passed a law banning the use of tanning beds by anyone under 18.
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dudebro Convention 2011 Pete Nice 233 61,111 08-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Donginator
  2011 Dudebro Convention - Mets Game Greg Mercer 5 2,392 06-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  DUDEBRO CONVENTION 2011! (HEADCOUNT) Rich Davis 19 7,267 05-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Last Post: JDubb
  DudeBro Convention part deux 2011 eddieyourdj 4 2,500 11-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice