Poll: Would you attend a dudebro meetup @ Band of Buds (Dec. 14-18)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
100.00%
11 100.00%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pseudo Dudebro Convention @ Band of Buds?
Hey folks...

Not sure how many west coasters are here on DBN, but I was listening for a short while during lunch today and heard that C&R will be doing Band of Buds in Vegas again this year. I thought this might be a good time to have a "pseudo" dudebro meetup for all you west coast guys that can't come to the official convention in New York! The reason I say this is because we have 4 months of time to prepare/set aside vacation time to go, and we know that C&R will be there for sure.

I talked to Spot and found out that the dates of the Band of Buds finals are December 14 to 18 (Wednesday through Sunday). I'm sure most people wouldn't want to/be able to come until Friday, and I know C&R would be extremely busy with hosting the competition (especially on the wekeend) which would make for fairly limited time/events with the guys. Still, it might be your best chance to hang out with other dudebros that listen to the show and see C&R do what they do. Plus, it sounded like an interesting and fun event to be a part of, and who knows - since Budweiser is involved, maybe we can do some planning and get an event or two put together involving C&R listeners.

I put up a poll to see how many people might actually be interested in coming. If there's a decent amount of interest, then maybe I can start talking to Spot in order to put something together.

For anyone that wants to come to the official convention and keep saying that they would come to an event where C&R would be closer to them: THIS MIGHT BE YOUR CHANCE, WEST COAST DUDEBROS! Don't say I didn't try! :grin:
[Image: laylasig.jpg]

"My #1 Dudebro...Greg Mercer from Pittsburgh." - Covino
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy">http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - My LIVE web stream!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy">http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - C&R recordings
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy">http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - Follow me. My tweets are semi-sweet like Nestlé.
Too far and too close to Christmas.
Joe Wrote:Too far and too close to Christmas.

yep. Same here.
Xmas in vegas won't fly with the wife. Confusedad:
I will stick with the original. In the future I might consider an LA DBC if it was set up like the NYC one, but I am going to stick to the original. Not enough money to go galavanting around the country.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I guess if your single it's worth going. I hear the locals get pretty wasted and find themselves in your hotel rooms.
Joe Wrote:I guess if your single it's worth going. I hear the locals get pretty wasted and find themselves in your hotel rooms.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Too close to Christmas and my crappy income doesn't permit for it.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
going to vegas in october, don't think i can go again that soon after, especially around christmas
I do want to thanks Mercer for organizing this though. Hopefully it will shut up the people who keep whining that a NYC based show should hold their fan convention somewhere besides NYC.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I do want to thanks Mercer for organizing this though. Hopefully it will shut up the people who keep whining that a NYC based show should hold their fan convention somewhere besides NYC.

I just want to say those complainers blow nuts and they are not DBN members.
Thanks for organizing it Mercer but I won't be attending. Jim nor I gamble so heading to Vegas just to meet CnR isn't worth it. If we were going to a DBC it will be the one in NYC so I can see the sights.
The entire month of Dec. is blocked off every year for FedEx Express drivers. We can't take time off then because Santa needs help delivering packages in his old, decrepit age!!!
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
Although the idea of spending my birthday in Vegas with the boys and dudebros sounds like a great time, December is not a good month. Thanks Mercer! I also agree with @Pete, I hope all those who wont go to NYC but say they would go to Vegas actually man up and go to support C&R.
eddieyourdj Wrote:The entire month of Dec. is blocked off every year for FedEx Express drivers. We can't take time off then because Santa needs help delivering packages in his old, decrepit age!!!
by old decrepit fedex drivers
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Dudebro call to arms: Matthew McConaughey Jersey_Mike 22 3,883 08-26-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: shruti0727
  Dudebro Convention 2012 information and discussion Pete Nice 17 7,757 04-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Dudebro Convention 2012 dates final vote Pete Nice 7 2,778 02-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Joe
  DudeBro Convention 2012 dates Pete Nice 8 3,913 01-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Last Post: MattInMinnesota
  Dudebro Convention 2012 Location Pete Nice 31 10,185 01-30-2012, 09:00 PM
  Dudebro Convention 2011 Pete Nice 233 61,111 08-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Donginator
  2011 Dudebro Convention - Mets Game Greg Mercer 5 2,392 06-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  DUDEBRO CONVENTION 2011! (HEADCOUNT) Rich Davis 19 7,267 05-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Last Post: JDubb
  DudeBro Convention part deux 2011 eddieyourdj 4 2,500 11-29-2010, 01:34 PM
  A challenge for C&R - Dudebro Olympiads Pete Nice 73 26,547 06-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Donginator