Poll: Location
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1. New York City
100.00%
11 100.00%
2. Las Vegas
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dudebro Convention 2012 Location
Please vote on which location you would prefer.

THEN

Please say why. And a real reason why too, not some bullshit or wishy washy crap.

This way the guys know what we are all looking for in a DBC as well as the reason we do or do not want to go to the DBC in either location.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I picked New York City and here is why:

1. They just had a Dudebro event in Vegas in December. Would it not be better to rotate the location every six months. DBC in NYC every June and Vegas get together every fall/winter? Who wants to go to Vegas in June? Not me. Who wants to walk all over NYC in the snow and 20 degree weather? Makes sense no? Plus having two straight get togethers in the same location kind of caters to those who are closer to that location (Vegas) and excludes the rest of us.

2. NYC is NOT more expensive than Vegas with the exception of possibly hotel cost. Food prices are the same as Vegas, decent food, not the cheap buffet bullshit. Entertainment costs might actually be less than Vegas. The Vegas shows I went to cost more than the Broadway shows I went to. Hotel is MAYBE 10% more than Vegas for the normal person. People shared rooms and stayed in good hostels in NYC to save money and Eddie and JDubb got great top notch hotels cheap in the general Times Square area by shopping rates. Vegas is VERY fucking expensive when your room is not comped and your company doesn't pay for the hotel and meals. Flight costs are going to be dependent upon your location, so that really is a wash no matter which location.

3. There is no baseball in Vegas. Shit, there are no sports at all.

4. Having outdoor activities in Vegas in June is not possible. I have been to Vegas in June, it is fucking hot as balls.

5. The Covino and Rich show has almost all of it's history and most of it's landmarks in NYC. Everyone wants to see the studio, the fishbowl, Viva Pancho (RIP), Del Frisco's, etc etc etc. You hear the stories on the show all the time about all the guys spots, it helps connect more with the show to be where the things you have heard on the radio are.

I am sure there is more, but that is all I have now.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Just looked it up, on the Las Vegas tourism website, the average high temperature in Vegas in June is 100 degrees.

When I think of the DBC, I just think of it as the week/weekend of going in to the show, and doing all that other stuff around NYC.
I don't have anything against a get together in Vegas, I just think of that as more of a party weekend.
They're just not the same thing.
Keep it at one DBC a year, and keep it in New York.
But then again, I'm just getting into the semantics of "The DBC".
NYC is the only option.
my vote is for NYC for obvious reasons, I read over at TOMB we may do a Yankee game this year, that would be awesome, I live 20 minutes away, & the new train route drops me off right in front
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Donginator Wrote:my vote is for NYC for obvious reasons, I read over at TOMB we may do a Yankee game this year, that would be awesome, I live 20 minutes away, & the new train route drops me off right in front

[youtube]j0WCHKbZPRI[/youtube]
Chip Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:my vote is for NYC for obvious reasons, I read over at TOMB we may do a Yankee game this year, that would be awesome, I live 20 minutes away, & the new train route drops me off right in front

[youtube]j0WCHKbZPRI[/youtube]
:high5:

[youtube]PEbeQUfelcs[/youtube]
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
I can't imagine them doing it anywhere else. It wouldn't be the same.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
locate on deez nutz

and if it were in NYC, locating on deez nuts wouldn't be as hot.

I completely agree with everyone above. I'm much more likely to go to one in NYC. Thats the Show, thats where the hosts grew up, why they are who they are, and why the show is the way it is. I would much rather be in on that, than some remote location.

You ever hear the shows they do live from some hotel lobby in Vegas. They suck. All you can here are idiots screaming and shit.

I also want to go to Central Park really bad. That place looks pretty dope. Skyscrapers are cool too. Spiderman lives there right? I'd like to see him save someone.

Just being downtown, or uptown, whatever it's called, and walking to the building where The Show is would be a cool adventure for alot of us. I'm sure being from around NYC people take alot for granted. I don't see anything in Vegas that would have that quality. A bunch of big corny replicas of shit? yeah, awesome. replicas in a desert.

It's a desert, a little worse than Kansas, and it tricks you into thinking being in the desert is awesome. I'm glad they didn't build Vegas here. That would suck.
my wife and I want to go to NYC someday, I would definitely go to Vegas to hang with the guys, but as far as DBC, it has to be NYC. I want to see the studio and all the places they talk about.
NYC. That way I can see the studio plus to a long list of things I want to see in NYC and the area. I don't gamble and I don't think I'd enjoy my time there as I would in NYC.
I live in Central Canada... they are both equal in distance and price to get to... my issue is finding people to watch my children and finding someone to go with because Jim doesn't want to go...
michaelangelo Wrote:my wife and I want to go to NYC someday, I would definitely go to Vegas to hang with the guys, but as far as DBC, it has to be NYC. I want to see the studio and all the places they talk about.

yes, that. We have all these images in our heads from just descriptions, I'm sure what I picture, is completely different from what you picture. It's always so cool to see something in life that you've only read or heard about.
NussieT Wrote:NYC. That way I can see the studio plus to a long list of things I want to see in NYC and the area. I don't gamble and I don't think I'd enjoy my time there as I would in NYC.
I live in Central Canada... they are both equal in distance and price to get to... my issue is finding people to watch my children and finding someone to go with because Jim doesn't want to go...

slide down through Chicago, then Derick can hitch a ride, and slide on to NYC with you.
NussieT Wrote:NYC. That way I can see the studio plus to a long list of things I want to see in NYC and the area. I don't gamble and I don't think I'd enjoy my time there as I would in NYC.

T, it can be you and me and we'll leave the Jims behind!!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Dudebro call to arms: Matthew McConaughey Jersey_Mike 22 3,883 08-26-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: shruti0727
  Dudebro Convention 2012 information and discussion Pete Nice 17 7,757 04-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  DBC3 2012 JDubb 24 10,004 04-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Last Post: keefer
  Dudebro Convention 2012 dates final vote Pete Nice 7 2,778 02-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Joe
  DudeBro Convention 2012 dates Pete Nice 8 3,913 01-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Last Post: MattInMinnesota
  Dudebro Convention 2011 Pete Nice 233 61,111 08-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Donginator
  Pseudo Dudebro Convention @ Band of Buds? Greg Mercer 21 7,416 08-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Last Post: eddieyourdj
  2011 Dudebro Convention - Mets Game Greg Mercer 5 2,392 06-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  DUDEBRO CONVENTION 2011! (HEADCOUNT) Rich Davis 19 7,267 05-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Last Post: JDubb
  DudeBro Convention part deux 2011 eddieyourdj 4 2,500 11-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice