Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dudebro Convention 2011
Joe In PA Wrote:[Image: chill-pill-demotivational-poster-1221956724.jpg]

Niiiccceee. Big Grin
BDH Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:Just tell me when & where and I'll try and be there!

New York City, June 2011. It's in stone.
Make it June 6-10 or 13-17...Pleez!!!
I'll bite. Why those dates, Eddie? LOL

I want to know this fed ex, courier secret. What is up with those dates? Do all the delivery guys get together for mud wrestling matches?
Pete Nice Wrote:It's gonna be in New York City and Vegas. That's it. Not Pittsburgh, not Denver, not Alabama, not Winnipeg, not Augusta Main, not Western Kansas. Fucking New York City!!!!

Dudebroweek 2011 June 2011 in New York City

Dudebro Convention part 2 Vegas (most likely) in the fall of 2010 or 2011 sometime.

Covino and Rich Olympiads Spring or Fall 2011 in Pittsburgh.

That's the trifecta and that is how it's gonna work.

As harsh as this is, I agree with you. I also think the actual main event should ONLY be in NYC. That is home base for for "The Show" and the hosts are probaly alot more comfortable there.

Anything else should probaly be sirius sponsored remotes, that people can attend, like the spring breaks, superbowls, concerts, etc....
I'll go to the NYC event. if anyone goes up there before that let me know and maybe Kristen and I will stop up.
Joe In PA Wrote:I'll go to the NYC event. if anyone goes up there before that let me know and maybe Kristen and I will stop up.

I went last week, you didn't want to go.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:I'll go to the NYC event. if anyone goes up there before that let me know and maybe Kristen and I will stop up.

I went last week, you didn't want to go.

I COULDN'T go. New job and all....
Pete Nice Wrote:

What if they relocate to California before then? Will DBC 2 still be in NYC, or will it be in LA?
chelofellow Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

What if they relocate to California before then? Will DBC 2 still be in NYC, or will it be in LA?

I guess we will have to cross that street when we get to it. Personally, I do not think the show will ever completely move to LA.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:
chelofellow Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I guess we will have to cross that street when we get to it. Personally, I do not think the show will ever completely move to LA.

They will have to do a week in NY once a month regardless if I'm not mistaken. So, if they do move this coming year, that will make the dates of the convention pretty easy to determine...ha.
[Image: laylasig.jpg]

"My #1 Dudebro...Greg Mercer from Pittsburgh." - Covino
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy">http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - My LIVE web stream!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy">http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - C&R recordings
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy">http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - Follow me. My tweets are semi-sweet like Nestlé.
OK, so it has been discussed. I got with Mercer, we talked. I was in studio about a month ago and talked to Rich, Spot and Covino (via skype) and confirmed the dates we were considering. They were good with them. I then got with Mercer again and confirmed, then he went into studio and confirmed again (I think).

So after all of that, the dates for the 2011 Dudebro Convention in New York City are.....drum roll please............

Tuesday May 31, 2011 to Sunday June 5, 2011.

There will be no Yankee game, sorry Eddie. We tried everything to find a time when the Yankees and Mets were both in town, but it seems they never are. At least not when there is no holiday and the guys can make it. The Mets are in town, they play the Pirates Monday to Thursday, then the Braves are in town (your welcome BDH), for a weekend series.

here is what the agenda looks like, it is still a work in process:

Tuesday 5/31 - Possible Rich return to comedy
Wednesday 6/1 - Possible Mets game
Thursday 6/2 - Studio visit day 1
Friday 6/3 - Studio visit day 2 followed by a possible convention drinkfest of somesort.
Saturday 6/4 - looking for an event in the city that everyone can go to, possibly boxing, hockey, food festival, something like that.
Sunday 6/5 - getaway day, possibly a going away breakfast.

A few points, Monday is Labor Day, so it's a short week for everyone already, might as well use vacation for the rest. We are sorry if you can not make these dates, but they appear to be the best right now, the show needs to do it before July. We are going to have all the guys in town for the weekend, and events will be planned, that way if you want to come just for the weekend, you only need to really use one vacation day, Friday.

Hotels, like last year, your on your own, it is just to hard to coordinate a block of rooms when people are inevitably going to back out. I suggest staying in midtown Manhattan for convenience issues, maybe share a room with someone. There is a Hostel called Candy or something that Mike from CA stayed at last year and said it was good AND cheap.

Studio visit, we are hoping for two days of the fishbowl, but if that is a no go, Friday will be the big fishbowl day this year. That was Mercer's idea, and I like it.

Things to do, any ideas for things that the entire group can do would be great, we are looking to fill time with more group activities this year.

I might work on making a program and name tags so you can tell who all the other dudebros are, and you can look like a real dork wearing a nametag.

In case you were wondering, there is talk of a Vegas DBC in 2011 as well. I will not be able to attend this, but Mercer will be. He also will be coordinating it. It will most likely be in the fall, but all of that is up in the air.

Mercer, as the official ambassador of all things official, can you pass this info along to the guys at TOMB.

Pete Nice Wrote:Saturday 6/4 - looking for an event in the city that everyone can go to, possibly boxing, hockey, food festival, something like that.

I'd love to. I have no idea what my schedule will be like yet.
But this stood out.
Hockey in New York in early June. :roflmao:
That's not an option.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Saturday 6/4 - looking for an event in the city that everyone can go to, possibly boxing, hockey, food festival, something like that.

I'd love to. I have no idea what my schedule will be like yet.
But this stood out.
Hockey in New York in early June. :roflmao:
That's not an option.

True, but they do have 3 teams. One of them might get lucky....

Pete,
If you get any hotel information let me know. I've been to that part of NY like once so I don't know the first thing about it. It would be cool to stay at the same hotel most of DBN is staying at.
Joe Wrote:Pete,
If you get any hotel information let me know. I've been to that part of NY like once so I don't know the first thing about it. It would be cool to stay at the same hotel most of DBN is staying at.

I will post where I am staying, probably the exact same place as last year, and hotels are NOT cheap, anywhere in Manhattan, expect to average $175 to $225 per night. Well worth it though

That's a busy week for me. Considering that is my last week of mat leave before I have to go back to work and the first day of the trip is my son's 3rd birthday I don't know if I am going to be able to come. I'll talk it over with Jim and see what he thinks....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Dudebro call to arms: Matthew McConaughey Jersey_Mike 22 3,883 08-26-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: shruti0727
  Dudebro Convention 2012 information and discussion Pete Nice 17 7,757 04-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Dudebro Convention 2012 dates final vote Pete Nice 7 2,778 02-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Joe
  DudeBro Convention 2012 dates Pete Nice 8 3,913 01-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Last Post: MattInMinnesota
  Dudebro Convention 2012 Location Pete Nice 31 10,185 01-30-2012, 09:00 PM
  The Pussification of 2011 Beckster 25 8,986 12-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Pseudo Dudebro Convention @ Band of Buds? Greg Mercer 21 7,416 08-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Last Post: eddieyourdj
  2011 Dudebro Convention - Mets Game Greg Mercer 5 2,392 06-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  DUDEBRO CONVENTION 2011! (HEADCOUNT) Rich Davis 19 7,267 05-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Last Post: JDubb
  DudeBro Convention part deux 2011 eddieyourdj 4 2,500 11-29-2010, 01:34 PM