Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dudebro Convention 2011
Thanks for posting all of this, Pete. I never did actually "re-confirm" anything, but it's fine that we went ahead with the plan because that way it's set. Those days seem totally fine to me and should be OK for anyone that wants to come. Hopefully I can be the first to put those days in for the lab vacation schedule once we get to January. I would suggest everyone else do the same.

I'm sure we can find something to do Thursday...maybe dinner somewhere with everyone would work. Friday "drink-fest" would probably be good as well. I definitely want to do the Mets game that Wednesday since they're playing the Pirates, haha.

I would suggest staying in New Jersey if you want to stay at a nice hotel and save money. I have stayed at the Hyatt and Westin in the Hoboken area, and they are very nice. The view of Manhattan from the Hyatt easily rivals Dicky Doo's dope view. I paid about $125-$150 with taxes for both. You can take the PATH subway into Manhattan. It's really easy.
[Image: laylasig.jpg]

"My #1 Dudebro...Greg Mercer from Pittsburgh." - Covino
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy">http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - My LIVE web stream!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy">http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - C&R recordings
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy">http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - Follow me. My tweets are semi-sweet like Nestlé.
Nussie_T Wrote:That's a busy week for me. Considering that is my last week of mat leave before I have to go back to work and the first day of the trip is my son's 3rd birthday I don't know if I am going to be able to come. I'll talk it over with Jim and see what he thinks....

:blahblah:
Joe Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:That's a busy week for me. Considering that is my last week of mat leave before I have to go back to work and the first day of the trip is my son's 3rd birthday I don't know if I am going to be able to come. I'll talk it over with Jim and see what he thinks....

:finger: First of all assmonkey, my son's 3rd birthday is important to me and I want to spend the day with him. Second, I am 100% sure that Jim won't be coming with... Jim doesn't like airplanes, he has no desire to go to NYC for anything, he hates large crowds so it will most likely be either just me or me & a friend.
If I do come it will be on the Wednesday the day after my son's birthday.
Nussie_T Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

:finger: First of all assmonkey, my son's 3rd birthday is important to me and I want to spend the day with him. Second, I am 100% sure that Jim won't be coming with... Jim doesn't like airplanes, he has no desire to go to NYC for anything, he hates large crowds so it will most likely be either just me or me & a friend.
You need to stop having kids on convention dates
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Saturday 6/4 - looking for an event in the city that everyone can go to, possibly boxing, hockey, food festival, something like that.

I'd love to. I have no idea what my schedule will be like yet.
But this stood out.
Hockey in New York in early June. :roflmao:
That's not an option.

Watch boxing. It's hockey without the puck and sticks.
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Saturday 6/4 - looking for an event in the city that everyone can go to, possibly boxing, hockey, food festival, something like that.

But this stood out.
That's not an option.

:?
I don't even know where to start.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

But this stood out.
That's not an option.

Well you could just hang out and drink. We know you like to drink.
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I'd love to. I have no idea what my schedule will be like yet.
But this stood out.
That's not an option.

Well you could just hang out and drink. We know you like to drink.

Hell yeah! :high5:
Joe Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

You need to stop having kids on convention dates

I'm going to try and make it. If not I will have to make it out to your place for the 4th of July party.
Joe and all,

Here is where I stayed last year, excellent location for the studio, times square and food. The rooms were clean and nice. Free wifi. Close to all theaters so you can take your woman to a show one night. I recommend it.

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-new_york...e_country=
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Oh, I will be staying there again this year.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
isn't labour day in september?
In Fact I just booked it.

$224.99 a night. Confusedhock:
Joe Wrote:$224.99 a night. Confusedhock:
Joe is not a baller.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Dudebro call to arms: Matthew McConaughey Jersey_Mike 22 3,883 08-26-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: shruti0727
  Dudebro Convention 2012 information and discussion Pete Nice 17 7,757 04-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Dudebro Convention 2012 dates final vote Pete Nice 7 2,778 02-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Joe
  DudeBro Convention 2012 dates Pete Nice 8 3,913 01-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Last Post: MattInMinnesota
  Dudebro Convention 2012 Location Pete Nice 31 10,185 01-30-2012, 09:00 PM
  The Pussification of 2011 Beckster 25 8,986 12-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Pseudo Dudebro Convention @ Band of Buds? Greg Mercer 21 7,416 08-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Last Post: eddieyourdj
  2011 Dudebro Convention - Mets Game Greg Mercer 5 2,392 06-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  DUDEBRO CONVENTION 2011! (HEADCOUNT) Rich Davis 19 7,267 05-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Last Post: JDubb
  DudeBro Convention part deux 2011 eddieyourdj 4 2,500 11-29-2010, 01:34 PM